Tom Carroll

Farlz

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It is, but that has nothing to do with Hourihane. 

Tied for the most assists in the league, and yet again has a chance to get to 10 goals. Those 3 together work amazingly well. Break them apart, and there will be kinks. 

18 minutes ago, Dave J said:

This surprises a little - as much as I feel for Lansbury, Carroll is the best passer of the ball in the club imo 

I don't doubt that Carroll is a good passer. It's just he is not our player. Lansbury is with the club till 2021, so I see no need to play Carroll over him. Lansbury is a fantastic passer of the ball as well, but injuries have obviously taken their toll of the past 2 seasons. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Unfortunate with injuries and the fact Glenn the Whelo Whelan is probably the most inform deep lying playmaker in world football right now.

The Whelanator. A miraculous hybrid of real, organic skin over an alloy endoskeleton with a CPU capable of a billion calculations per second, calculating angles, probabilities and planning and implementing the correct course of action by correlating the input against the limitless data banks of games, passes and player skill profiles.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Tied for the most assists in the league, and yet again has a chance to get to 10 goals. Those 3 together work amazingly well. Break them apart, and there will be kinks. 

This, all day and all of the night. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Some people just love to hate Hourihane.

22 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I don't doubt that Carroll is a good passer. It's just he is not our player. Lansbury is with the club till 2021, so I see no need to play Carroll over him. Lansbury is a fantastic passer of the ball as well, but injuries have obviously taken their toll of the past 2 seasons. 

I totally agree - but personally I do believe Carroll is the better player and in our position there is no room for sentiment 👍🏻

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I thought DS said when we signed him that there was a buy clause? 

I assume if we have sent him back we won't be making the signing permanent? 

Pity we didn't get a chance to see him play, I think if he was fully fit he wouldn't be getting on the bench at the minute anyway. 

Tbh this loan has turned out pretty much as expected.

Now watch him get subbed on in the play off final and score the winning goal for us and then go on to be never heard from again.

I'd take that.

Edit: scratch that :D 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Shame how it's worked out as I think he would have proved to be a very good signing for us were he able to stay at all fit. For all the talk on here about Fer I think Carroll was a better option that suited us more. Still a weird one given he wasn't even fit when he signed for us though, this'll be a case of forgetting he ever even played for us within a season or two.

Â