• Adomah
    • Abraham
    • Kodjia (Adomah 74)
    • Carroll (Whelan 74)
    • Jedinak (McGinn 89)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/19 at 23:59

1 minute ago, tinker said:

I would like to see Davies played behind Tammy. We have limited ways to change the game and I see this as one of the ways we can change offensively 

I don’t think it’s likely to work, but at least it’s one we haven’t tried.  

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

I would like to see Davies played behind Tammy. We have limited ways to change the game and I see this as one of the ways we can change offensively 

Other way around, I would think. Davis up front with Tammy behind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

It's on the official Villa Facebook page. Smith thought we were really good today.

i mean to be fair, if Tammy didnt miss that sitter (and my granny could have scored it), a bit of luck with the one off the bar, and that really good save, could have been 3???

But ye, i didnt watch the match and heard that we werent great?

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

What annoys me is that we've got absolutely no creativity in the middle of the pitch without Grealish, yet we've had O'Hare available throughout the time Grealish had been injured yet have barely given him a go. I'm not saying he would have been amazing but he offers something a little different yet we've completely ignored that option. We're so predictable, the way we play right now is exactly how Bruce had us playing. Absolutely nothing through the middle and it's so annoying. Keep the wingers out the ghee and we can't do anything. 

Hourihane, Adomah, Whelan and El Ghazi were awful. 

Also, one of the biggest failings of the transfer window was not bringing in another left back.

Well there are certainly many of our failing traits still there, that's for sure.

just watching the Leeds v Norwich game, they are all full of running and energy.....they keep the ball.....we just play with lead boots on and give it away at random.

Edited by TRO

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Everyone worried about the summer rebuild I’m not. This teams shit, I can’t wait to see the back of certain players here

I think the majority of the players on show today will not be at the club next season.

I also think we are going to concentrate on going up next season with a big input of new Smith type players, and the present team is playing as if they know that.

• Like 3

Frustrating result but far from the worst we've played. Grealish would have made a huge difference as has been said many times no doubt. Clean sheet and not scoring are both rarities. Not scoring won't happen much I reckon, even with our ineffective wingers and hopefully clean sheets will happen more going forward.

I'm surprised at all the 'poor' votes for Smith, I have to say I think that's deeply unfair. We didn't steam roller a team lower in the table than us, I can't say I'm satisfied with the result but I'm certainly not massively surprised by it either.  

We are where we are because of years of mismanagement. Not because of Dean Smith. We've turned a corner in terms of our administration, it's too early to tell, but it very much seems like we've modernised and wised up to the fact that expensive has-beens won't get us promoted. 

I think in some ways Smith us a victim of his own success. Had we not performed so well at the start of his reign I don't think there would be so much negativity towards an average display away at Reading. 

For what it is worth this result hasn't taken us out of reach of the playoff picture, but our form is a concern. I doubt we'll make the playoffs and if we do we won't get promoted. So that alligns my response to results. 

• Like 3

I think if Tammy's header wasn't stopped by a worldie save or Tommy's header didn't come back off the bar then most of us would have celebrated the win and called it a decent performance. The fact they didn't go in didn't make it a poor performance for me. The defence looked as good as it has all season and we looked the more likely to win throughout so frustrating but not a bad performance for me.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hourihane, Whelan, Taylor and Adomah should never ever **** play again. And I really really mean that. They are complete aids to this side. Get Grealish back and Carroll in there and we might actually string 3 passes together.  We desperately need a winger tho. Why wasn't Green playing? There's absolutely no way Green is worse than Adomah. I refuse to believe that. 

Having been at the game today I thought Taylor did better than ok. They had more joy down our right thanks to the limitation of the Scottish Cafu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think the majority of the players on show today will not be at the club next season.

I also think we are going to concentrate on going up next season with a big input of new Smith type players, and the present team is playing as if they know that.

I agree. Adomah for example looks completely uninterested so I see pointless playing him in games 

• Like 2

Â