Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

Fred put us in a dangerous situation twice (IIRC) with an awkward pass and an awkward attempt at a clearance. He wasn't that good last night IMO.

I do like his attitude but am yet to be convinced by him. Better than Elmo though.

• Like 2

He's stuck on automatic, it's funny.

If the ball goes anywhere near a player within 50 yards of him he sprints directly at them trying to win it. He probably gets it 80% of the time.

When he wins it, things open up and we score like the first goal. When he doesn't it causes issues and we concede like the Leicester goal.

I love him but would enjoy some caution on occasion.

• Like 4

Good personality to have around by the looks of it. Works hard. Good player. He needs a new winger infront of him that he can build some rapport with to get the most out of him.

what we started to see with Targett and Jack today is what Guilbert needs. Think when he clicks with someone he’ll start to revolutionise our  offense - he’s better than Targett imo - he just needs that link-up play to kick in with someone  (maybe McGinn in midfield instead of a winger when he comes back from injury maybe?) 

• Like 2

Whenever you see him start sprinting at an angle, you know exactly what is coming. Considering we bought him not even knowing if we'd be going into the Prem, he is easily worth triple what we paid for him and definitely a good player at this level. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Not many players who can do a slide tackle 1-2 with the corner flag.

He pre-empted it too!  Barnes had just given up, Guilbert saw the ball had a chance of hitting the corner flag and went after it.

I like him.  Very tenacious and breaks up a lot down our right.  As @Tomaszk rightly points out, he does sometimes cost us bombing up the pitch only to not win the ball but, for me, that's the reason he's not at a better club right now.

We have to good Fullback yes they both could improve aspects  of their game wish we had cover for Targett though, Im not a Taylor hater but Targett has shown in the past 2 games how important attacking and getting shots off is to our system 

• Like 1

The guy is getting better and better. He’s absolutely crunching tackles at the moment and really putting in a shift for us.

Targett seems better going forward but he has also cost us goals too.

i prefer Targett going forward but Guilbert is a better defensive full back. 

Â