Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

He was ok. Awkward on the ball at times yet also has some lovely touches.

There was at least twice though when the CM had the ball and he had space to drive into to provide an option, and he just didn't do it.

39 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Some of those tackles today: lovely. And only one where he had to recover after being caught on the wrong side. His performance shut them down on that side. 

Their right back knew about Fred’s tooth injury imo: went into him when going up for headers. Thankfully he showed what a tough b*stard he is: love the guy 

Commentary team obviously didn't know about it, you could see it a mile off! 

Couple of eye catching tackles, great cross for target, another solid performance 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He posted a pic of him on social media with his face swollen midweek with tooth problems.

Poor bastard seemed to constantly be getting smacked and clattered on the same side today as well. lol

I think the Watford players will have known about these tooth problems and targeted him. Definitely one of my favourite players at the club right now!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He posted a pic of him on social media with his face swollen midweek with tooth problems.

Poor bastard seemed to constantly be getting smacked and clattered on the same side today as well. lol

His Insta story tonight is saying his tooth is on the pitch somewhere! 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Only issue I have with him is that he's caught out by the through ball inside him a bit too often. Deulofeu today for the goal and Trossard on Saturday. 

The goal yeah I know what you mean.

Hopefully he's bawling at Konsa to drop, because I think he watching Doucoure come round the back. You can see he's hanging off Deeney in case it's clipped all the way to the back post where he is.

When Konsa doesn't move, priorities have to take over though and he should probably have gone in to meet Deeney earlier.

6 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

A lot of criticism has been made towards the recruitment side (some justified) but this signing has been very good for the club. Fee, age etc. 

Even more amazing that he was signed for the Championship and not the top flight

I like him but he was clearly at fault for Deeney’s goal. He let Deeney drift off him and amble into the 6 yard box for a simple free header when he could see that Konsa was wasn’t picking him up. He needs to improve his defensive awareness and he’ll be a good player.

Edited by Elton

47 minutes ago, Elton said:

I like him but he was clearly at fault for Deeney’s goal. He let Deeney drift off him and amble into the 6 yard box for a simple free header when he could see that Konsa was wasn’t picking him up. He needs to improve his defensive awareness and he’ll be a good player.

no he wasnt

its a back 3 vs 1 striker, he can come round as cover behind the man to put pressure on if he's free but konsa has to be goal side, konsa's been attracted to the near post thinking that hause would be beaten rather than the cross coming in, its his poor marking

you don't have 3 CBs and then your RB marking their 1 striker

in a 4 id agree but konsa has to hold the shape, he's in no mans land

• Like 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

no he wasnt

its a back 3 vs 1 striker, he can come round as cover behind the man to put pressure on if he's free but konsa has to be goal side, konsa's been attracted to the near post thinking that hause would be beaten rather than the cross coming in, its his poor marking

you don't have 3 CBs and then your RB marking their 1 striker

in a 4 id agree but konsa has to hold the shape, he's in no mans land

Nope, you’re wrong. Fred was marking him at the time and let him run off him into space. Watch it back, it’s very clear. Just because a right wing back doesn’t usually mark a forward doesn’t mean he wasn’t on this occasion.

Â