Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

He does a lovely little semi-Cruyff turn inside as he is running forward to cut inside a defender and lay off a pass, and it works really well for him. Not something you see many full backs doing and when players are moving around him is one of those little shifts that breaks the opposition lines in a good way.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

We made 15 tackles vs City. This is based on the bullshit stick BBC had about our midfielders only making 4 tackles. So **** what. Did they do stat for Spurs attacking 6 players only making 5 tackles against Watford today? Or Everton mid 3 only making 3 tackles in 2-1 loss to City? No it was just to give us an extra kicking and sounds terrible to people that probably never ever pay attention to number of tackles made in game by midfield 

I dont care about other teams stats, when our team lack the willingness to tackle and head the ball yet a player signed for the championship for not much more than a 3rd Douglas Louis cost, pretty much most games comes out as top tackler and normally when he tackles it's out of play or he keeps possession, it shows just how poor our midfield are, sticking a foot out or shoulder players instead of having a bit of bravery.

Shameful to see for our midfield, where most games are won or lost.

11 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I dont care about other teams stats, when our team lack the willingness to tackle and head the ball yet a player signed for the championship for not much more than a 3rd Douglas Louis cost, pretty much most games comes out as top tackler and normally when he tackles it's out of play or he keeps possession, it shows just how poor our midfield are, sticking a foot out or shoulder players instead of having a bit of bravery.

Shameful to see for our midfield, where most games are won or lost.

So no acknowledgment of false statement or addressing my point. Nakamba actually =4th in the league for tackles per game by CM/DM and saw a stat other day that of players that have made 50 aerial duels or more Hause has won the highest % in the PL 

Fred is top tackler per game in our team and Targett is 5th because they're fullbacks and should be making the bulk of tackles. They were 1st and 2nd today unsurprisingly 

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

So no acknowledgment of false statement or addressing my point. Nakamba actually =4th in the league for tackles per game by CM/DM and saw a stat other day that of players that have made 50 aerial duels or more Hause has won the highest % in the PL 

Fred is top tackler per game in our team and Targett is 5th because they're fullbacks and should be making the bulk of tackles. They were 1st and 2nd today unsurprisingly 

? Maybe watch the games rather than just quote stats, addressing points ?

i notice you haven't clarified if the tackles makamba makes includes the ball ricochets from an opponent to him back to an opponent and back off him then back to an opponent, and if that classes as 2 tackles.

Because if it does then it explains why on stats, he has decent tackles, yet in reality he has not been good enough.

So before you try and be high and mighty, proclaiming I'm not addressing you points, try answering questions which were directed to yourself first.

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

? Maybe watch the games rather than just quote stats, addressing points ?

i notice you haven't clarified if the tackles makamba makes includes the ball ricochets from an opponent to him back to an opponent and back off him then back to an opponent, and if that classes as 2 tackles.

Because if it does then it explains why on stats, he has decent tackles, yet in reality he has not been good enough.

So before you try and be high and mighty, proclaiming I'm not addressing you points, try answering questions which were directed to yourself first.

A tackle is a tackle. You dispossess the ball carrier. What happens afterwards has no bearing on whether it was a tackle or not. If I tackle a player and the ball subsequently goes out for other team's ball my teammate may still say "good tackle"

2 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Have noticed the drop off in his top speed too. He was turbo-charged in those early performances. The rigours of a first PL season? Still love his attitude and will-to-win.

Probably why Smith rotates him every now and then with Mohamady.  The physical demands of the Prem can wear even the best player down over a season. 

Some of those tackles today: lovely. And only one where he had to recover after being caught on the wrong side. His performance shut them down on that side. 

Their right back knew about Fred’s tooth injury imo: went into him when going up for headers. Thankfully he showed what a tough b*stard he is: love the guy 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

Â