Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

48 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The madman was doing Cruyff turns in his own box in the last 10 minutes. I love him.

Yeah i saw that.... property naughty 

Edited by kidlewis
  • Like 1

When you have a player with Fred's attitude, you really should be asking him "who do you think is a great player we could go and get" because I'm sure he looks at the qualities he has and recognises players who ate better with those same qualities.

As in the will to win, the never give up, determined and physically fit enough to run all game.

We have just 1 of those types and that is fred.

We need 3 or 4 playing in each game.

12 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

When you have a player with Fred's attitude, you really should be asking him "who do you think is a great player we could go and get" because I'm sure he looks at the qualities he has and recognises players who ate better with those same qualities.

As in the will to win, the never give up, determined and physically fit enough to run all game.

We have just 1 of those types and that is fred.

We need 3 or 4 playing in each game.

Our outfield players with this are limited. Jack, Mings, Guilbert, McGinn for his faults I think Wesley has similar attitude. The rest are lacking

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Our outfield players with this are limited. Jack, Mings, Guilbert, McGinn for his faults I think Wesley has similar attitude. The rest are lacking

None of those tackle, none of them, mings will stick out a foot but tackle he does not.

McGinn tries but maybe 1 tackle per game.

Jack doesnt tackle and tou dont expect the play maker to do all the dirty work.

We need 3 or 4 Fred's in our team as in that type of player. Then it leaves the rest to do something with or without the ball, knowing theres a good chance the ball will be won.

With no ball winners there is no movement just reactive rather than proactive. Reactive you are always a step behind.

7 tackles today nearly double the entire teams effort in the last game.

Progressive with nice interplay with el ghazi, defensive duties still done and despite being slower than trossett or what ever his name is, didnt sulk and shrug his shoulders.

Another good performance, we have a good right back at last.

Edited by brummybloke

5 hours ago, Wezbid said:

One of the better players as per usual. Not sure why he gets hooked for some games. If the other players had his heart and energy we'd be a good few points better off. He's a decent footballer to go with that heart and energy. 

...because Dean Smith is utterly clueless. Picks his fullbacks and CM pairing out of a hat I am sure of it.

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

7 tackles today nearly double the entire teams effort in the last game.

We made 15 tackles vs City. This is based on the bullshit stick BBC had about our midfielders only making 4 tackles. So **** what. Did they do stat for Spurs attacking 6 players only making 5 tackles against Watford today? Or Everton mid 3 only making 3 tackles in 2-1 loss to City? No it was just to give us an extra kicking and sounds terrible to people that probably never ever pay attention to number of tackles made in game by midfield 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

Thought the first 45 was his worst in a Villa shirt by some distance. They seemed to be getting through down his side time and time again.

Recovered well as did the team in the second  half so fair play to him. Got a good character for sure. 

23 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I really like him. Although he seems to have lost a tad of pace.  He looked rapid when he first joined, feel like he struggles to catch people now.

Have noticed the drop off in his top speed too. He was turbo-charged in those early performances. The rigours of a first PL season? Still love his attitude and will-to-win.

Â