Villaphan04

Frédéric Guilbert

10 hours ago, Zatman said:
11 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

You won't win this one tomav84, according to Zatman elmo is the worst ever player in the entire history of aston villa to wear the shirt and Gulibert contributed far more in 3 halves of pre-season football than elmo has done in his entire career ;)

Yet only you have said all of that 🙄

ok this could take a while but as its scrollfree september or some shit i'll keep it to Zatman quotes only taken from the elmo thread rather than the match threads & try to keep it to less than an entire page

Zatman Posted October 14, 2017

he should never play right back against a half decent team again

Done like a mug for Brentford 2nd goal. Forgetting nyland error, a dreadful player

Farcical he is guaranteed starter

Don't even think he can defend. Pace kills him

or Bree or **** even Hutton at right back. For me and I have said it before,  Elmohammady is garbage and one of worst players to play for Aston Villa

Maybe was a tad OTT and think I might have been tired

But I just hate seeing his name on the team sheet. 

watching the highlights and in first half he conceded a throw and went for a walk towards the ref and Preston took it quick and Robinson had a one on one with the keeper

woeful headless footballer

Hate this guy. Cant defend for shit

Said it before, one of worst players to ever for the club,. **** gutless

Said before one of worst players to play for Villa 

**** donkey

Maybe i was unfair though a few days later I still dont think I am 😛

For me I hate seeing his name on the team sheet or in the squad, I think only a select few players ever to play for Villa and they mainly came from the relegation season. Scott Sinclair, Bacuna and Lescott probably the only other players I have had similar dislike for

Possibly the shittest player to ever play for Villa, at least Sinclair was shit in top flight

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

How sad must one be to go through every post on a thread. Also sadder that posts that I have praised Elmo in last 6 months or so have been ignored 🙄

A lot of them posts were also post game posts 

Edited by Zatman

Took 5 minutes if that, yOnly skimmed the elmo thread and it isn't very long. You did praise him twice i think, maybe even 3 times. although one of those just said he maybe wasn't as shit as he used to be under bruce & another was about a week before the december 23rd worst ever player double header.

It's not just you by any means, you were just the one that said i was making shit up about you hating him. but people saying that nobody was on his back at any point before we had even played a game this season is just bullshit, It's largely been the same since he first kicked a ball for us, He is perceived to just be Bruces mate so is disliked.

Edited by LakotaDakota

7 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Took 5 minutes if that, yOnly skimmed the elmo thread and it isn't very long. You did praise him twice i think, maybe even 3 times. although one of those just said he maybe wasn't as shit as he used to be under bruce & another was about a week before the december 23rd worst ever player double header.

It's not just you by any means, you were just the one that said i was making shit up about you hating him. but people saying that nobody was on his back at any point before we had even played a game this season is just bullshit, It's largely been the same since he first kicked a ball for us, He is perceived to just be Bruces mate so is disliked.

unfortunately it's just the way a lot of our fanbase seem to be. you highlighted a number of examples of pre match posts about both our full backs from various people. i call it veretout syndrome...he was seen as the answer to all our prayers during that shite season and when he did come on everyone realised why he was out of the team. the same goes for targett, who was taken to the cleaners by a league 2 side before his injury but in a couple of weeks people will forget that and call for taylor to be dropped again.

i would disagree on the 'bruces mate' comment...i would hope that the fanbase is not THAT petty. i think it's that we've had so long of signing old, UK nationals (whether they've done well or not) that when we sign someone with a foreign sounding name under the age of 25 we immediately assume they're amazing and exciting, hence the shock at guilbert being left out vs spurs despite no one knowing what he's like (yes he looked OK pre season but spurs are a slightly different animal to walsall)

Without wanting to wade too far into the above Elmo debate (I'm a Guilbert fan – though Elmo has regained my respect since his Leeds Xmas nightmare), I do think it's perfectly fair for people to form reasoned opinions based on what they observe in pre-season, while taking full account of the level of opposition. Apart from fitness, that's kind of the point of pre-season, isn't it? I'd be pretty disappointed if all the coaches pooled their notes after the Leipzig game and it amounted to one scribbled line of "It's just pre-season!".

Curious things pre-seasons.

On the one hand they are almost mythical things where anything and everything is accomplished and where no one can be judged without having a full one.

And on the other hand they are totally meaningless from where you can't make any judgements or draw any conclusions what so ever.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

How sad must one be to go through every post on a thread. Also sadder that posts that I have praised Elmo in last 6 months or so have been ignored 🙄

A lot of them posts were also post game posts 

Come on mate, this is pundit nonsense.

If you say something, or exaggerate, expect to be called on it. It's not sad or point scoring. If you don't want something you've said being bought up in the future, simply don't say it.

• Like 3

I like him overall but he does seem to have a stupid decision in him.

On 03/09/2019 at 11:56, sharkyvilla said:

Freddie came on and played on the left against Crewe didn't he?  Might be worth a try at home to play both him and Elmo for games we expect to play on the front foot while Targett is out. 

Bump this idea.

Great player, but twice he could've put McGinn through and didn't see the pass. We have too many players who kill the pace of our play, allowing the opposition to regroup

I thought he was excellent again. Kept a very good Anderson in check for most the game offering good overlaps only for Jota to cut inside and continually lose the ball to back under pressure. He gets exposed because we don't have the versatility in our other wide players to cover his run's. Something Smith somewhat addressed when bringing on Elmo. I would have swapped them around then though and put Freddie more forward when the game was becoming stretched. He's got the same give it everything that I love to see in McGinn and for that reason I wouldn't swap him for anything. I think he's going to become a fully shithot RB over the next years. Mistakes yes, but boy does he love a battle. Excellent, mon petit Terrier!!! 

• Like 1

Kept there best player quiet tonight, shame he had jota on his side as he got no help from him

I thought he made a few mistakes and a fair few loose passes but his recovery tackles were brilliant. Fantastic player, excited to see more.

Please can we clone Guilbert and stick him on the left. Thought he was fantastic tonight, made some great tackles and kept Anderson largely quiet. 

• Like 1

Vs Arsenal I have no issue playing Guilbert ahead of Elmo or opposite way around

Â