Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

Well this was what we hoped he would do and offer us.

Even after that early yellow card he kept bombing forward creating a man advantage for us when attacking.

And this without forgetting to get back in position when we had to defend.

Nice!

One other thing to note was how impressive he was aerially. For a little lad he won a huge amount in the air as he has a real spring on him.

When Walcott missed the sitter, he had leapt up to win a header and was blatantly pushed when in the air, blatant foul not given.

Was going potty at the ref, if they had scored from that would have been shocking

53 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Impressed with his performance. Especially after the yellow card. Must have been difficult considering the pace of the game 

Sensible yellow card as well. Referee missed a clear foul on Wesley IMO, and Everton had a break on.

I used to play right back myself, so I've always had a soft spot for Villa RBs. If Fred carries on in this vein, he'll be joining Gidman, Swain and Delaney in my favourites list.

• Like 2

I was a little concerned, given the timing of his purchase (with Purslow saying we were promoted a year ahead of schedule), his age, the amount paid and the relegation at his former club, that we had a championship player on our hands here.

I was so, so wrong. He looks right at home in the premier league and will surely only get better. If we were still in the championship he would be tearing it to pieces, as it is I am now expecting a great season from him.

Â