Jump to content

Frédéric Guilbert


Villaphan04
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Adman said:

Exactly, we have to accept that our preseason has been gash, and that our players are able to get back to their best with the right training, rest, support etc they need. Cash is a great RB, guilbert is great back up

I sort of agree with you ... but I would describe the preseason as interesting and perhaps the Grealish thing difficult.

Cash and Guilbert ... I am happy with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, fruitvilla said:

I sort of agree with you ... but I would describe the preseason as interesting and perhaps the Grealish thing difficult.

Cash and Guilbert ... I am happy with them.

The cancelled games, the staggered returns of players, the shortened closed season, the upheaval of losing and trying to replace hairband, covid etc.  Unfortunately, individual players performances will highlight the difficulties we've faced. 

Haven't West ham fielded the same team for.the last 3 games or am I mistaken?  I think we'd have got a few more points on the board if we were better prepared

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Adman said:

I think we'd have got a few more points on the board if we were better prepared

How exactly do you prepare for the below any other way than how we actually did?

8 hours ago, Adman said:

cancelled games

or 

8 hours ago, Adman said:

the staggered returns of players

or 

8 hours ago, Adman said:

the shortened closed season

The only one of the points that you raised that we had any control over is the Gresford departure. We reacted to that by buying both Bailey and Ings, the latter has directly contributed to our 4 points so far. 

We've been unlucky due to circumstance. It's in the past now. Stop over analysing it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

How exactly do you prepare for the below any other way than how we actually did?

or 

or 

The only one of the points that you raised that we had any control over is the Gresford departure. We reacted to that by buying both Bailey and Ings, the latter has directly contributed to our 4 points so far. 

We've been unlucky due to circumstance. It's in the past now. Stop over analysing it. 

Arranged friendlies every 3 days against non league sides and batter them 10-0 each time. Get the morale and the chemistry up lad.

It's pre season 101.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Think it’s bizarre we’re letting him leave, especially with Mings out and Konsa potentially injured. 
 

If we do sell him, it has to be a transfer, we need to start making money on players leaving rather than loaning them out. We’ll start to get a reputation as pushovers. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Think it’s bizarre we’re letting him leave, especially with Mings out and Konsa potentially injured. 
 

If we do sell him, it has to be a transfer, we need to start making money on players leaving rather than loaning them out. We’ll start to get a reputation as pushovers. 

Teams get paid for loaned players. Not just wages covered

Loans aren't free. Far from it

Now whether Strasbourg are going to cover his premier league wages is unclear. But if he was to be sold, the balance of his wages would need to be covered by us or deducted from the transfer fee if he wasn't getting equivalent in his new club.

Guilbert might be desperate to leave and go back en France, and so is willing to take a hit on his wages to push the deal through. Many unknowns.

But there's no suggestion that loaning a player out is a sign of weakness 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

feel for the guy. just never settled here and must have been difficult. some good performances and as i said in other departing players' threads, has played his part. the arsenal 1-0 in project restart was probably the defining result in our relegation battle and it was probably his best game for us

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 minutes ago, YLN said:

Teams get paid for loaned players. Not just wages covered

Loans aren't free. Far from it

Now whether Strasbourg are going to cover his premier league wages is unclear. But if he was to be sold, the balance of his wages would need to be covered by us or deducted from the transfer fee if he wasn't getting equivalent in his new club.

Guilbert might be desperate to leave and go back en France, and so is willing to take a hit on his wages to push the deal through. Many unknowns.

But there's no suggestion that loaning a player out is a sign of weakness 

It's true, but we're allowing his contract to run down reducing his sale value, unless we're getting an exceptional deal out of it, it probably isn't fantastic for the club.

It's clear he's surplus, a sale would be preferable for all parties (I'm surprised there isn't interest from lower PL clubs tbh, if there was we could get best part of £10M on him I'm sure).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I find it odd how we're letting him go tbh. Think he's an ideal as a backup to Cash. I don't really like Konsa or Axel playing RB. But maybe that's just me. 

I don’t think we should keep an unhappy player. He looks desperate to leave. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I find it odd how we're letting him go tbh. Think he's an ideal as a backup to Cash. I don't really like Konsa or Axel playing RB. But maybe that's just me. 

Young, Axel, Konsa can all play RB (I assume Deano would pick them over Guilbert if Cash got injured). Kessler will be back next season and he looks an outstanding talent who should push Cash out of first team. Then we're well stocked for RB

Guilbert Loan with obligation to buy seems good deal for us.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
On 30/08/2021 at 12:31, VillaChris said:

There's no mystery, DS simply dosen't rate him. Surely last 18 months have shown that.

This. People seem confused, but a common them to Smith's time in charge is that once he's decided he doesn't rate or trust a player, that player has no way back (eg Hourihane, Kalinic and Engels are other examples that spring to mind).

To be honest, I'm with Smith. I find Guilbert very over-rated on this forum. My main impression of him was of a guy who was over-reliant on pace and photogenic tackles because his positioning was poor for this level. No problem with moving him on for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Young, Axel, Konsa can all play RB (I assume Deano would pick them over Guilbert if Cash got injured). Kessler will be back next season and he looks an outstanding talent who should push Cash out of first team. Then we're well stocked for RB

Guilbert Loan with obligation to buy seems good deal for us.

 

Mate, I think you're hyping up Kessler a bit too much here. He's currently playing at a league 2 side. To expect him to push Cash out of the team by next season seems incredibly premature. 

There's also the matter of I'm having some doubts whether he's really performing as well on loan as some people have said he is.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â