Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

On 17/04/2021 at 01:55, tezzaleed said:

except he did settle and when playing regularly was the best full back we've had at this club for years.  yes Cash is good but Smith got rid of him too quickly.  My opinion so any clearing thinking of just putting a laugh reaction jog on.

I hate jogging, but I chose the emoji.

Note: I do like Guilbert though.

It's the tantrum I think people are laughing at. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Awol said:

Ashley Preece on the C & B podcast mentioned Freddie did a Q & A with Strasbourg supporters (where he’s getting rave reviews) recently, telling  them he wants to come back to Villa next season and fight for his place.

He backs himself to compete with Cash and I hope he does, never faulted the bloke’s attitude or commitment and was disappointed when he went out on loan. If he’s used the time to improve himself further then it’s one less place to fill this summer. 

Guilbert in. 

He's always said that he wants to fight for his place. He was asked in the summer whether he felt the club were looking to move him on after we signed cash and he said something along the lines of I want to stay and fight for my place. To be fair to him I don't think it was his fault he lost his place either. He had been dealing with an injury from when the season had its break last season and was only fit for the last 3 or so games. I think he reinjured himself as well as he played a few times with the under 23s. 

100% would like him back in the summer, firstly he is adequate competition for Cash, and it would mean we can spend our money elsewhere in the team.

Also, it would mean we could loan Kesler out to a championship club all season to develop!

• Like 3

Elmo will need replacing and we already have a more than adequate replacement (he's arguably better than Elmo) so we can concentrate our investments elsewhere.

Another plus is that unlike Elmo he is very similar to Cash in playing style which means we can pretty much carry on playing the same way in the event of injuries or suspensions and it definitely suits the inverted wingers system we play. 

• Like 1

This is where Smith also needs to rotate players to ensure a healthy squad dynamic. You can't just have Freddy always on the bench and play Cash all 38 matches (bar suspensions). Need to find around 10-12 (25-30%) PL matches for him to play.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

This is where Smith also needs to rotate players to ensure a healthy squad dynamic. You can't just have Freddy always on the bench and play Cash all 38 matches (bar suspensions). Need to find around 10-12 (25-30%) PL matches for him to play.

The level between them is far too big to do this, imo.

Guilbert returning also means we can keep him around whilst Kesler continues his development, instead of buying competition for Cash that could block Kesler's route to the squad (if management deem him good enough)

• Like 2

Â