Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

With Elmo now approaching 300 years old, this would leave us needing to buy another right back in a window where we already need to strengthen in a number of areas - it just doesn't seem sensible to me.

To be fair Elmo still looks **** trim for 300 

Smiling old man in Alexandria, Egypt エジプト、アレキサンドリア、微笑むおじいさ… | Flickr

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

With Elmo now approaching 300 years old.

Still younger than me. Nothing makes me feel quite as old as the fact that I’m four months older than Elmo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Don't trust Villareport, I'll believe it when I hear it direct from Guilbert. 

Never gets old. Just like Elmo.

Edited by Sgl

I think with players like Guilbert, Trez, etc. we're starting to see the value of Smith's belief in signing good characters. Players who can handle a bad run of form, or a string of matches out of the side, and come back stronger from it.

Just got a feeling this dressing room is going to really start buzzing with a couple of new faces, the confidence boost of staying up, and having a whole season together now. Think people like Guilbert are part of that, even if he's fighting for his place every week. Just seems like a good lad doesn't he.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Did not play in the friendly against Manchester United.  Elmo came on for Cash instead. If he is third in the pecking order, can't see him staying at the club.

Would be 1 step forward, and 1 step back for me.

I wouldn't be happy either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Would be really pissed off if he goes, he needs to be in the squad this season.

Agree.  And based on Cash's performance today,  he probably will need time to settle in. Guilbert should be starting the first few matches of the season.

• Like 1

It would be absolute madness to sell guilbert and have elmo as the only challenger for the rb spot.

We need cash and guilbert pushing each other.

I think cash and guilbert offer slightly different things and to have the two of them would be great for our squad depth.

Taking a total stab in the dark now.

Cash was always going to start, he needed to so he gets used to the pace of what is expected.

The club know what Guillbert can do and so no need to have played him yesterday?

If there is any further reading into why he was squad absent then maybe the rumours of him signing for that French club are true?

Time will tell I guess.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Taking a total stab in the dark now.

Cash was always going to start, he needed to so he gets used to the pace of what is expected.

The club know what Guillbert can do and so no need to have played him yesterday?

Equally true of Elmo, though. 

Â