Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

He has gone all Alan Hutton wild reactionary and lacking in any quality.

Elmo great cross aside is not the answer though. He is not a bette option or player a this stage of his career and he does not have the legs.

I fully expect Deano to bring him back in the fold though..

Seen this far too often... one player has a poor game then there are immediate demands for him to be dropped (even for an inferior player who also gets criticised e.g. Elmo).

We have to make do with the players we have and realise that they will occasionally have an off day. He’s our best RB and we need a settled team.

When the whole or majority of the team plays poorly, it doesn’t make sense to pick out and slate just one or two individuals too heavily either.

Our squad isn’t great so we have to back the few decent players we have. Chopping and changing just disrupts the balance of the team. We need a settled side with the majority of players starting regularly. 

We are in a battle and are going to continue having ups and downs... I’m not sure that many of us expected us to beat Watford but we managed to do it. We then produced a decent performance and got a great result against Leicester (again, unexpected), it’s just a shame we couldn’t sustain or build on those levels.

Maybe fatigue had a part to play but hopefully we’ll be up for the next game and we just seem to be a different beast at Villa Park.

Keep the faith and back Deano & the players. He will be trying his hardest to succeed and sort out the issues. We can’t make changes to the squad now and must stick with the manager. It would be disastrous if we made a change now and I can’t see us being able to get anyone half as decent in. He genuinely cares and has proven capable (see last season)... which is more than can be said for many of the abysmal managers we’ve had in recent years. 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, lexicon said:

Surprised his name didn't come up after the weekend on the front page, I thought he was really good - like a lot of the players reinvigorated following the break. 

He was great yep. Love his confidence on the ball.

Still doesn't quite look as fast as when he first came. Lost a touch of pace, maybe he's put on a bit of muscle.

Been pretty happy  with him all season. Worth remembering we signed him effectively for the championship given going up this time last year was a long shot and none of the bigger French clubs were interested in him.

Considering overall french league level is closer to championship I think he's done fine with room for improvement next season. Reminds me of Delaney a bit when he does his slide tackles. We have had much worse in that position in last 15 years.

• Like 1

Â