Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Started badly and I feared the worst but grew as the game went on and he looks like a decent prospect , love the slide tackles , not seen them since Mark Delaney 

Classic Delaney at the end. Totally loved it

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

One of the best debuts i have ever seen. Positioning excellent, tackling excellent, passing excellent, energy levels and movement unreal.

I was amazed (some) people didn’t want him to get a game over Elmo. I got that Elmo wasn’t bad (and may have even got a good rating on some stats websites) in the last game, but Guilbert is just faster, with better work rate and with a constant willingness to get forward and, not just ‘be there’, but actually drive attacks.

Every time we got the ball he was looking to sprint into forward positions. His pace is dangerous, his linking up of passes was pretty accurate and he even got in some decent tackles. Yes, he got a card and was caught out of position a couple of times, but I’ll take that every game if, for the rest of the game, you essentially have an extra winger during attacks to twist opposition defenders in knots.

• Like 4

honestly, this guy is a player, he's like the energizer bunny, rapid up and down the line, good touch, good going forward, was excellent defensively.

Really impressed, great debut.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Looked lively.

Didn't create any chances though, almost no crosses.

Didn't see the 1st goal then ? 

😆 sometimes you just need to hold your hands up and say the truth, we were far more attacking and dangerous down the right, our best attacker so far was trez, he had Taylor. How did trez play ? 

Fast fullbacks like it or not is how we need to play

• Like 1

I was concerned in the first 20 or so as I thought he was getting slightly exposed but he grew into it. Him and Jota linked excellently throughout the game and provided a much more potent right side as in preseason. . His willingness to drive forward is what gives us another outlet and frees up spaces for others. I thought he had a quality game over all. Really solid debut.

Hope everyone can see what people were talking about when we said our team can really benefit from someone like Guilbert in the team. 10 crosses a game or a dynamic performance like that? Gimme this performance any day of the week.

• Like 2

Â