Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

Might turn out to be a good signing, know nothing about him.

But unless he has one h**l of a throw to even put Rory Delap to shame he sadly won't be of any use to us this season playing in France.

• Haha 1

maybe the breaker on the deal was him going back

or maybe the club said we cant shift elmo or hutton this window but can in the summer so rather than create deadwood by further loading the RB position we can wait

either way the loaning back is something over nothing (as long as he doesnt get injured) that and bree going out on loan says to me they are already pretty focused on next year

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

maybe the breaker on the deal was him going back

or maybe the club said we cant shift elmo or hutton this window but can in the summer so rather than create deadwood by further loading the RB position we can wait

either way the loaning back is something over nothing (as long as he doesnt get injured) that and bree going out on loan says to me they are already pretty focused on next year

Yeah I have no issue with that being a part what made the deal possible. If so be it then fine.

It's more that we desperately needed help in the full backs position right now. and we didn't get it.

I presume going back on loan was the only way Caen would agree to this now, and I guess we wanted to make sure we didn’t miss out in the summer. 

It is frustrating that we have to wait, but better than missing out altogether (providing he turns out to be decent!).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

le coq sportif........what happened to them?!

They're still going. I bought a couple of things online last year and like many other sellers, once they have your email address they send out offers. 

£90 for a polo shirt, £120 for a fleece, £45 tee shirts, £75 for retro trainers.....ridiculous prices for fairly average looking gear. All they seem to have done is tweak their logo and refer to some of their stuff as "vintage tennis collections" or "tour de France".

Far too expensive now.

19 hours ago, PatrickCousens said:

Shame we don't see him til next year but I think we might look back on this as the best of the bunch this window. Hopefully he does better than most French players we sign. 

I think you are right.

Let's not forget the guy doesn't speak a word of English. Hope he starts taking classes. Hard to move your family in January. Plus they rate him enough to want to keep him for their promotion push. Least we got him locked in as apparently he's a very good player.

On 01/02/2019 at 12:09, villa89 said:

Hutton is gone in the summer, his contract is up. :hooray:

This is Aston Villa we are talking about, don't be surprised to see him sign a new 8yr deal on improved terms. 

On 02/02/2019 at 04:48, KSV said:

Let's not forget the guy doesn't speak a word of English. Hope he starts taking classes. Hard to move your family in January. Plus they rate him enough to want to keep him for their promotion push. Least we got him locked in as apparently he's a very good player.

I agree with this though its a relegation battle so he is playing at the highest level in France

Â