Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

good performance.

positives, dynamic, dangerous, good on the ball, intelligent, rapid......great little player.

negatives, versus minnesota and walsall he got dispossessed in a dangerous position at least once in each match trying to be clever, not sure if its an issue or just match sharpness required, but against stronger opposition those things will be punished.

overall though, looks a wonderful little player and works really well with Jota down the right.

This guy is the real deal,he oozes class,loves a forward run and can tackle and put in brilliant crosses,will be player of the season this season I reckon he is brilliant!

He’s looked very good in pre season but the real test for him will be when we come under pressure from better teams.

He hasn’t been worked properly defensively yet so I’m reserving judgement for now. Same goes for Targett, very neat and tidy but it’s what he’s like against top wingers that’s important.

Positive signs though for now.

On 22/07/2019 at 11:48, lapal_fan said:

The obvious quality benchmark for any right back is Mattew Lowton v Sunderland in 2012 (I think) when we won 6-1.  If he can perform to that level, have that much impact in any of the games he plays I'll be delighted. 

For what it's worth, I've never seen a right back run an entire game in a 6-1 win, with your centre forward getting 3 goals and still being not being the best player on the pitch. 

It's a weird benchmark, considering Lowton hasn't gone on to do much, other become a solid player for Burnley, but **** me, he was special that night. 

Thanks for this. Thoroughly enjoyed. 

• Like 2

A good player to have, very smart, uses his brain and for the price we paid what a bargain if he can rise to the occasion and make forwards job impossible he will boss the yard on game day.

Haven't read all the comments, but seen a lot of love for this guy, which bodes well - but I was a little concerned defensively, especially in the opening period of last night's game.

I must say though, he looked very capable going forward, quick and looks to have a decent delivery on him.

Do people think he will start against Spurs? I have a feeling it may be Elmo.

Having had the giant Neil Taylor and Alan Hutton (I do love our Huts) inflicted upon us this is the signing I'm most excited by so far. He looks fantastic going forward and his partnership with Jota is blossoming.

If he can defend the forgotten signing might prove to be our best.

Edited by AV82

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

good performance.

positives, dynamic, dangerous, good on the ball, intelligent, rapid......great little player.

negatives, versus minnesota and walsall he got dispossessed in a dangerous position at least once in each match trying to be clever, not sure if its an issue or just match sharpness required, but against stronger opposition those things will be punished.

overall though, looks a wonderful little player and works really well with Jota down the right.

Yeah, hopefully just a pre-season thing. He has also started 2 of the games quite poorly. But agree with all the positives. Great crosser of the ball as well.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

For me, this kid looks the Mae West. 

I haven't seen a right back this decent since Mark Delaney. 

last time i see last that great right back is Luke Young he is great attack and defend - problem is MON play him left back even centre half few occasion that why we don't remember him play right back for us much.....sad innit. 

and Matthew Lowton I actually rate him high but he is no consistent player cos he need more games as he was young.

in end, he were drop for other poor attacker right back(solid defend) with Hutton when i often want him play over Hutton as brilliant mind-wave Benteke and him, sad Lambert don't play him regular in 2nd and 3rd season which make me angry with Lambert as he is one of HIGH SOURCE of create Benteke yet Lambert ingore it stats to try tight backline in end 3rd season he not play much and we go down cos we not enough creative from cross. 

Yet your're right last best right back nothing equal mark Delaney in wholes season play in this position with limited mistake with good attack ability...I hope Gulibert take this title as it is void for long long ago when we has great right back.

• Like 1

Â