Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Is he definitely over these knee and back injuries? That's my only concern with signing him. He has been plagued with these injuries during his time at Bournemouth 

Would you not risk the purchase given how he performed for us since January?  

Would we have ever purchased God, if we had the same concerns?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Not sure how true it is tho...

He’s now taken ‘Bournemouth player’ out of his Twitter bio. As if we needed more proof.... it’s happening!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Is he definitely over these knee and back injuries? That's my only concern with signing him. He has been plagued with these injuries during his time at Bournemouth 

It was two very specific injuries. Ligaments and a fracture. The ligaments are the only one that concern me, but he is 4(?) years removed now so the chance of a relapse has reduced significantly. It's the first 2 years that are the danger zone. 

Mind you, he didn't play much during them due to the back! If he passes the medical, which he obviously will, we're in the hands of fate. These kind of injuries are a risk with every footballer.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

He’s now taken ‘Bournemouth player’ out of his Twitter bio. As if we needed more proof.... it’s happening!

it's happening ron paul GIF

Either that or we are all so desperate for him to join permanently that we are reading every minute detail into everything.

What, you mean you haven’t zoomed in on the photo of the train ticket to see if it’s one way or a return ticket?!

• Like 1

On 30/05/2019 at 15:28, Demitri_C said:

Did he miss any games here through injury? He has played more league games here than he did in his entire time at Bournemouth

Perhaps the best passer I've seen us have at CB, immense in the air, fast and spots danger. Passionate and calm at the same time. He has bailed us out at many occations, like that sprint and tackle before Derby's goal. The only slight worry is his injury history, but £12M for him, have Bournemouth gone mad? Could be worth four times as much in a years time.

5 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I dare to say it, McGrath - Southgate - Laursen - - - Mings is a legend in the making. Just get him signed!

God is a huge fan, always bigging him up on twitter

If you never saw Mings play that would be enough to know his ability

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If we pay £12m for him that’s outrageous value for money.

Throw in Hause (rumoured to be £2m), El Ghazi (rumoured to be between £6/8m), and Jota (rumoured to be a couple of million plus Gardner), and it would seem our transfer business is a lot shrewder than it has been for quite some considerable time. 

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

God is a huge fan, always bigging him up on twitter

If you never saw Mings play that would be enough to know his ability

You never saw Pele talk about about who he thinks is world class then? :trollface:

I've said before that £12m feels about right.

We saw him for 4 months and reckon he's a world beater. Everyone else will see a guy who did great in the Championship for about 18 games having barely played in the previous 3 years. Yes, he could be the second coming but he could break down again, or not make the step up.

People think £12m is nothing but a 4 or 5 year deal, all in, could be £30m+. If you're buying Mings then your not Man City so relegation is likely to be a permanent risk.

Also, other clubs will have seen his time with us and seen how he bonded - a lot of PL pundits were saying this in the lead up to Monday, such as "you can't imagine him playing anywhere else" (BBC 5Live) - they might not even bother trying to get him so certain is it that he's coming here.

• Like 4

£12m would be great value. Hopefully taking advantage of the fact that Bournemouth just don't fancy him for whatever reason (and the feeling would seem to be mutual) to get a nice deal.

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

I've said before that £12m feels about right.

We saw him for 4 months and reckon he's a world beater. Everyone else will see a guy who did great in the Championship for about 18 games having barely played in the previous 3 years. Yes, he could be the second coming but he could break down again, or not make the step up.

People think £12m is nothing but a 4 or 5 year deal, all in, could be £30m+. If you're buying Mings then your not Man City so relegation is likely to be a permanent risk.

Also, other clubs will have seen his time with us and seen how he bonded - a lot of PL pundits were saying this in the lead up to Monday, such as "you can't imagine him playing anywhere else" (BBC 5Live) - they might not even bother trying to get him so certain is it that he's coming here.

Agree. I made similar sentiments the other day, all the stars seem to have aligned for Mings to be a VIlla player, his obvious love for the club would put off other clubs, and Bournemouth have no reason to be unreasonable, 6 months ago they probably would have bitten someone's hand off if offered similar money, it's a good deal for all concerned.

• Like 1

Â