Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

According to John Percy we are in discussions over a transfer for Mings that may be worth up to 15m.

Bargain sign him up.

mings.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I would love to know if the club nearly have something in place for getting Mings to Villa, the sooner we know the better!

After watching the purslow/Smith interview I'd be amazed if they haven't got a plan of action already worked out. 

I'd guess they already know what they are willing to pay, fee and wages, may have already spoken to mings and are just waiting to press the button on the offer - now we're up it can be done.

I think we have a new, sensible, well thought out way of doing our recruitment now, which we've been missing for years. 

• Like 1

One thing I think Bournemouth fans are forgetting when they say they should screw us for more money now Tyrone's made it clear he wants to come...

IMO Purslow won't pay over the odds. He'll be happy to run this one down to the wire if necessary. Not his style to get pressured into anything. I'm pretty sure we'll get a fair price of ~15m with any extra value tied up in add-ons.

I also don't buy into this idea of a bidding war. Mings has proved himself to us, and the Championship teams he's faced. I doubt he's top of anyone's shopping list in the Premier League.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Oh shit....Tyrone is now in Julie B's basement!! We'll never see him again! Dale Stephens is still in there!

I applied to go in, got rejected. Gutted.

• Haha 2

Was thinking, we don’t really know what the matching clause is. Could it be that we have got the matching clause the wrong way round? Perhaps the fee was already agreed but other clubs could match that offer and we don’t have that exclusivity as with El Ghazi and Hause?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Was thinking, we don’t really know what the matching clause is. Could it be that we have got the matching clause the wrong way round? Perhaps the fee was already agreed but other clubs could match that offer and we don’t have that exclusivity as with El Ghazi and Hause?

Nah would just be a matching agreement, probably taking in to account fees we already paid.

ie:

Team A - bid 15m

Villa -  paid 2m already for the loan etc, so to match we would only need to offer 13m. (13m + 2m = 15m - matched)

(or something).

Usually deals that are worth "up to" X amount are often significantly lower in practice. In any case, £15m is worth it in today's market. I mean, didn't we sign Curtis Davies for something like £9m back when £9m was like £25m today?

Edited by Mantis

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

According to John Percy we are in discussions over a transfer for Mings that may be worth up to 15m.

Bargain sign him up.

mings.png

Did he get that figure by going on the Bournemouth forums? I read 15m on there 2 days ago

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Did he get that figure by going on the Bournemouth forums? I read 15m on there 2 days ago

No idea, but afaik John percy is generally considered pretty legit for rumours?

• Like 1

I don't remember the last time John Percy was wrong about anything. Mings has clearly been bigging up a move himself all over social media the last couple of days, a couple of people who I know have connections at the Villa are saying that it's already almost there, he is getting into spats with Bournemouth fans AOTS for wearing his full kit on the train home(!). I'll be astonished if we don't get this done. 

We want it, the player wants it, the captain (pissed admittedly) wants it, as long as the fee is in the reasonable camp, which I'm confident it will be, it will happen sooner rather than later. We won't want to be caught with our pants down, but nor will we want to be faffing about over a few quid for half the summer. 

£13-15m seems spot on to me. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't remember the last time John Percy was wrong about anything. Mings has clearly been bigging up a move himself all over social media the last couple of days, a couple of people who I know have connections at the Villa are saying that it's already almost there, he is getting into spats with Bournemouth fans AOTS for wearing his full kit on the train home(!). I'll be astonished if we don't get this done. 

We want it, the player wants it, the captain (pissed admittedly) wants it, as long as the fee is in the reasonable camp, which I'm confident it will be, it will happen sooner rather than later. We won't want to be caught with our pants down, but nor will we want to be faffing about over a few quid for half the summer. 

Yeah i get the impression that he may have already said to howe that he really doesnt want to go back to Bournemouth.

Obviously i have no idea, but he really seems to love it at Villa as much as we love him, mist be hard to go back to Bournemouth when he was so loved and revered here, and he appeared to make it clear that he also loves the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wearing full kit on the train home has made me giggle rather loudly. So funny if true

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Nah would just be a matching agreement, probably taking in to account fees we already paid.

ie:

Team A - bid 15m

Villa -  paid 2m already for the loan etc, so to match we would only need to offer 13m. (13m + 2m = 15m - matched)

(or something).

Is it though? All the time they have simply said “matching agreement” or “matching clause” and I cannot find anything that actually defines what that is. What you’ve said is what we all have assumed but doesn’t mean it’s right. 

Even when looking at contracts generally I cannot find anything that confirms what a matching clause is, and that no one ever defines what it is. Can anyone help with that?

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This whole FKW stunt is hilarious, unlike Grealish's bender, which stopped being funny quite some time ago. 

If you think you’ve finally had enough Mike, just tell Jack that it’s been fun but you’ve gotta head home as Mrs M will be wondering where you are. I’m sure he won’t be offended.

• Haha 4

The other thing is, Mings was a massive factor in our turn around and is obviously privy to what our ambitions are and has bought into it. 

No disrespect to Bournemouth but to stay up every season is like winning the champions league for them where as a club like us should be challenging top 6 and that is not being big headed it is factual when you think how long we where in that league for. It was only down to a spoilt rich kid's poor business acumen that we fell from grace so quickly!

Â