Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Mings is a great leader at the club, but doesn’t really lead when he’s on the pitch. Can be a bit of a show pony at times, and personally I think he gets more praise than he deserves when compared to Konsa.

However, he is a solid PL centre back, who would get in to most teams in and around where we are at the moment. Plus think the 3-5-2 isn’t doing him any favours either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Drop him for who? 

Tuanzebe who was **** terrible today or Hause who was **** terrible vs spurs? 

Some of the the under 23’s look decent enough, esp that Bogarde and I don’t go for that he’s to young or got no experience line that people always come out with

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Some of the the under 23’s look decent enough, esp that Bogarde and I don’t go for that he’s to young or got no experience line that people always come out with

We aren't going to drop our captain and England International CB for a 17 year old 

He could do a Jonathan Woodgate debut and that still won't happen 

I don’t want to be one of those people who beats the negative drum over and over about a specific player but I just do not see it with Mings. He always has a mistake in him, his attitude stinks 50% or the time, he’s about half the player he thinks he is and I don’t think he should be captain of anything. I think Konsa is already a better player and I’d want Konsa partnered with someone far better.

I just don’t get it. I’d cash in whilst he’s an England international and we could possibly convince a big team to cough up for him to meet their English player quota. Replace him with some true quality and hand the armband to a true professional. 

International duty strikes again , TM is a great player but the billy big bollox attitude after being with the Engerlaand squad is not pretty , his almost cocky attitude trying to smash it up field resulting in a slice x2 which bred panic in the rest of the lads ! 

• Like 2

After the first goal instead of collecting the team like Ings tried he would rather argue the toss about a goal that's already come and gone with teammates.

The free kick was ridiculous was booking. There were times when we pressing Wolves' back line and he was playing left wing or something and then another point he thought he was playing No. 10.

The wild slashes of the ball under no pressure. The lethargic passes of the ball....when under pressure.

A point in the first half he concededing a corner because instead of just putting the ball into the stands he'd rather get into a dick measuring contest with the Wolves' player trying to nick the ball.

You're not that good mate. Just put your head on the ball and hit the channels.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Thought he was having a reasonable game up until he randomly got booked for time wasting. He hacked at one immediately afterwards and lost his head from that moment on. Strange.

Yeah don't know what he was waiting for with the free kick. Maybe he was waiting for others to make a certain move or something. Looked very frustrated and fed up though. 

I love the guy and all but there was a moment - not sure if it was caught on camera as I was at the game - where Wolves had a goal kick and as he was running back to get in position he picked the ball up and threw it back over Sa's head as he was lining up to take it...whilst already having been booked. Thought he was on for the stupidest sending off at all time but Oliver surprisingly let him off the hook. Could have killed him there, was a prime example of him not managing the game well but I've no doubt in his ability to bounce back.

25 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Thought he was having a reasonable game up until he randomly got booked for time wasting. He hacked at one immediately afterwards and lost his head from that moment on. Strange.

This. It's like he psyched himself out of the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

I love the guy and all but there was a moment - not sure if it was caught on camera as I was at the game - where Wolves had a goal kick and as he was running back to get in position he picked the ball up and threw it back over Sa's head as he was lining up to take it...whilst already having been booked. Thought he was on for the stupidest sending off at all time but Oliver surprisingly let him off the hook. Could have killed him there, was a prime example of him not managing the game well but I've no doubt in his ability to bounce back.

Yeah, to be honest, I was fully expecting a second yellow to come out and wouldnt have argued. 

He was well rattled and I wonder if that contributed to our lack of organisation for the last few minutes.

3 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Love him as person, but still overrated for me always a mistake in him or brain fades that cost us games and points.

I agree and have always thought that. 

And he's not really at an age where he will develop much. 

Mings is a fine player but for me ultimately not good enough if our long term aim is top 6.

Â