Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

15 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

does anyone really believe this?

players make their own way from away games all the time...they don't always go on the team bus

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He was awful yesterday. Just because he’s our captain and a nice guy doesn’t make him exempt to criticism.  They probably made him walk home after his performance 

awful how?

he was perfectly fine with some goal saving blocks thrown in for good measure

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

awful how?

he was perfectly fine with some goal saving blocks thrown in for good measure

Mings lost seven of his 16 duels, relinquished possession 17 times, was dribbled past twice and recorded a meagre 67% passing accuracy.

He also got dragged out of position, especially for first goal

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Mings lost seven of his 16 duels, relinquished possession 17 times, was dribbled past twice and recorded a meagre 67% passing accuracy.

He also got dragged out of position, especially for first goal

now do the other 4 defenders...

i think with both goals you can look at what mings does and its not great but at the same time its reacting to errors in front of him that have already been made, from memory the first goal he tracks the moura run in front of him because ramsey and luiz dont, the biggest problem with it for me was that he was too deep but thats the problem with the 5 at the back, the 2nd goal was his usual charging over to make the heroic block that when he doesnt get there makes it look a bit sloppy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

now do the other 4 defenders...

i think with both goals you can look at what mings does and its not great but at the same time its reacting to errors in front of him that have already been made, from memory the first goal he tracks the moura run in front of him because ramsey and luiz dont, the biggest problem with it for me was that he was too deep but thats the problem with the 5 at the back, the 2nd goal was his usual charging over to make the heroic block that when he doesnt get there makes it look a bit sloppy

Its the mings thread.  I’m responding to a question you asked.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

another england game where he looked perfectly comfortable even if southgate puts a massive leash on him, his passing range is completely different from playing for us

he'll never break southgates preferred CB partnership as long as he's the manager but seems to have cemented his position as 3rd choice

On 04/10/2021 at 11:34, tomav84 said:

does anyone really believe this?

players make their own way from away games all the time...they don't always go on the team bus

From first hand experience, you are right....well it was years ago.

Â