Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Towering performance.

One thing I noticed today btw - he often plays long balls that get “half intercepted” by the defence, but actually catch them back-pedalling and drop to our attackers. I wonder if the stats do him a bit of an injustice - saw this 2 or 3 times today where a great long ball by Mings would be half cleared by defender but set Watkins or McGinn up for an attack.

He’s really crucial to the way we play, and I like how he drives forward when he’s LCB in the back 3.

Today he was brilliant in the air, and didn’t really put a foot wrong.

Shows his strength of character to just immediately bounce back from last week. Love him.

The blocked mcginn shot that then fell for the cash shot came from that ball

It was long but flat so the defender under pressure from I think Ollie headed it down rather than up

Just need to win that 2nd ball and it that instance we did 

Excellent against Everton, I think we need to be realistic about mings, he will make the odd mistake and if he didn’t we everything else he offers he would probably be wanted by Utd or city. In my opinion he is better than John stones who is also liable to make an error probably more often than mings. What mings has in spades for me is great strength of character and that’s why the gaffer made him captain.

6 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Looking at the replays of the game and Konsa's foul on Gray was a clear red card. Definitely last man back and clean through on goal without Konsa's clever professional foul. We were very lucky that wasn't spotted. I don't get how VAR didn't check that

That was terrible defensive work, always got a mistake in him.

oops sorry ... that was not Mings ....  great play.

• Haha 1

Â