Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yep we are under the cosh more, hence we need defenders that are able to concentrate for the full 90 mins and not make silly mistakes

If we had VVD instead of Mings we would without question finish on more points at the end of the season. 

Yeah because he's a better player, but not purely because he makes "less mistakes". There's a lot more that goes into defending than the occasional lapse in concentration, and are valued more such as positioning to name 1 example. It also happens to be something Mings is very good at. 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Why don't Leicester sell Fofana for £75m and just replace him with a better player?

That's their director of football's job.

surprised they havent got rid of Schmeichel and Vardy to get some of that juicy resale value on him

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

surprised they havent got rid of Schmeichel and Vardy to get some of that juicy resale value on him

Yeah it's weird.

Utd be selling Ronaldo in January I imagine. Just replace him with a better player.

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why don't Leicester sell Fofana for £75m and just replace him with a better player?

Because they only bought him 12 months ago and he will go up in value, also he is the right age to keep and would help them push for Champions League. And on top of that he has suffered a serious injury and is out for about a year. 

36 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If we had VVD instead of Mings we would without question finish on more points at the end of the season. 

If we had Messi instead of Ings likewise. The best player in the world in their respective position would improve anyone. I don’t think there is a defender in the world whose name you couldn’t swap for Mings in that sentence.

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Because they only bought him 12 months ago and he will go up in value, also he is the right age to keep and would help them push for Champions League. And on top of that he has suffered a serious injury and is out for about a year. 

Just sell him.

Buy someone younger, better and not injured. He will go up in value quicker because he's better. 

Easy peasy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

As a response to the previous stat :)

Not sure that's a good thing.

If you are having to do last ditch tackles/blocks it means you have not properly dealt with the initial attack.

The best defenders doesn't even have to make a lot of tackles because of fantastic positioning, anticipation and interception.

Maldini famously said "If I have to make a tackle I have already made a mistake"

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You have a clear agenda, in my opinion. I'm bored of it.

I don't have an agenda. I am just expressing my opinion, isn't that allowed? I think we should sell Mings, you think we shouldn't. What is wrong with that? If you are bored then why do you continue to interact with me. Just ignore me or do not engage if you are bored. But continuing to engage with me and saying you're bored is rather silly

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

What are fbref (who villa analytics are basing those tweets from) actually counting as errors?

From the Premier League website, Mings made 1 error leading to a goal against season (assume Fulham backpass) Konsa also had 1 (along with most other defenders in the league), season before he made 2 (Konsa again 1).

Pretty sure they dont include penalties conceded as errors either, as i couldnt see Kyle Walker on the list, and he gave away 3 last season at least 2 of which were scored.

Mings conceded 0 pens last season, with 1 season before (Konsa also 1 that season).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

none of them were Mings age so not sure your point since it was your reason to sell Mings, 2 of them they didnt improve on

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with people and having different opinions. But please read my comments more carefully or if you are reading them carefully then please don't twist what I am saying or try and cherry pick to suit your argument.

I said we should sell Mings because we can probably make a significant accounting profit on him and this is our last opportunity to do so, this is coupled with the fact that imo we need better quality than Mings. The reason we can make an accounting profit is because of the length of time he has been with us (we have already amortised a lot of his purchase price) and that at his age he is only going to reduce in value. Leicester cashed in on players because they had significantly increased in value. Mings has not significantly increased in value but from an accounting perspective we could make a very large profit on him

10 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I said we should sell Mings because we can probably make a significant accounting profit on him and this is our last opportunity to do so, this is coupled with the fact that imo we need better quality than Mings. The reason we can make an accounting profit is because of the length of time he has been with us (we have already amortised a lot of his purchase price) and that at his age he is only going to reduce in value. Leicester cashed in on players because they had significantly increased in value. Mings has not significantly increased in value but from an accounting perspective we could make a very large profit on him

I've only just jumped into this thread and haven't read the last few pages (I'm guessing from this page that it is mainly just back and forth squabbling though lol)

I think its pretty pointless even considering selling Mings though, I'm not his biggest fan and if there was someone better around then I wouldn't be upset if we replaced him, having said that though, he's just been given the captains armband which really makes him the first name on the team sheet, the manager isn't going to do that and then flog him, add to the fact that he has got his way into the England set up and its pretty obvious to see that Dean Smith has no intention whatsoever of cashing in on him.

If though he was put up for sale tomorrow, how much would people expect us to be asking for him? genuinely interested to know the difference in values between those that like him and those that don't.

48 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't have an agenda. I am just expressing my opinion, isn't that allowed? I think we should sell Mings, you think we shouldn't. What is wrong with that? If you are bored then why do you continue to interact with me. Just ignore me or do not engage if you are bored. But continuing to engage with me and saying you're bored is rather silly

Christ, you literally replied to me demanding data about how many mistakes he's made. Quite happy to ignore you from here on in. Up the Mings.

Â