Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Some of the vitriol directed at Tyrone after that blunder yesterday was absolutely ridiculous. Does he makes mistakes? Sure. All defenders do. Their's not a top cb in all of world football who doesn't.

He more than makes up for it with all the other things he does well. Dean made him the captain for a reason, he has faith in him, and we should continue to have the same faith in him as fans.

• Like 4

It's basically the difference between a team like Chelsea & us. Their players make less errors and the strikers stick away the one or two chances they get more often than not whereby ours need 3 or 4 attempts usually to score. 

So this will keep happening basically as of course when we do get players who fall into that top bracket they will "do a Grealish" & be off as soon as a scummy 6 club comes in for them. Heck apparently Souness was starting the process for McGinn joining a "big club" on MOTD already! Makes you sick.

This is the big conundrum and if we can somehow crack this we'll do well, problem is the whole football World is set up to stop clubs like ours getting a foothold. FFP, The massive & quite embarrassing brain washing campaign and ridiculous bias towards promoting these clubs by the Media and of course the obvious corruption at the FA, FIFA and UEFA which is obsessed with keeping these clubs at the top for £££££'s sake. We saw evidence of this once again at Chelsea, where the officials were clearly greasing the tracks for their scummy 6 member. Dishing out yellows at will for our players and yet protecting Chelsea's players for similar or worse challenges. It will happen again at Old Trafford a week Saturday......that is guaranteed, i know this as it always happens, without fail, every season!! The great mystery is how it never gets investigated! We all just swallow it year in, year out as though we just don't want to accept that the game we love is actually corrupt. So instead we put it down to poor officials, mistakes or as in some cases (Mings incident against another scummy 6 club last season) the rules are misenterpreted only to be reinvented afterwards to cover it all up!! Or shall we take the astonishing "diving" incident last season when Watkins laughably got sent off against...guess who?... Ah yes, Man Utd even though he was contacted! 

Notice a pattern here? It's always but always in favour of those scummy 6 clubs and that's just a few of our games. Apparently it's the exact same story with Wolves, Leicester, West Brom etc etc. At least according to my many conversations with their fans it is anyhow.

I would absolutely love it if a full, unbiased & independent survey was done over say a 3 season period to analyse the number of iffy decisions each team got in favour & against. It would have to include a full review of each & every game and every decision made including Yellow cards, red cards, penalties for & against, free kicks for & against. For example Konsa being dragged down by the Chelsea player which is apparently a free kick...... to them! Maybe we could pick the time Konsa was stamped on by Fernandes resutling in a Penalty..... For Man Utd!! Yeah funny how VAR didn't overturn that hey?! then there are the other little things like overall leniency with things like time wasting, stealing yards at set pieces etc etc. It all has an impact on results so it would all need to be assessed but the people reviewing it would have to be unbiased too with no affiliation to any club. Maybe from another country or something?

Of course it won't happen as this would mean the whole stack of cards could come tumbling down and with the Billions at stake they would never allow it to happen.

So anyhow i'm ranting, on to the next one Everton, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, blandy said:

One of which will be that refereeing howler at Manchester City.

Yeah the City “mistake” doesn’t count.

i guess what would be interesting is people’s takes on which CBs outside the Big 6 are better than Mings?

Konsa, fine. Who else are we thinking?

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

i guess what would be interesting is people’s takes on which CBs outside the Big 6 are better than Mings?

Tarkovski maybe, white nope, Mee haha, Coady muwahah, we're talking better right, I'd say none significantly better.

15 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It's basically the difference between a team like Chelsea & us. Their players make less errors and the strikers stick away the one or two chances they get more often than not whereby ours need 3 or 4 attempts usually to score. 

That's the difference between top 4 and us. They have better quality players than we do across their entire squad. Yes, we have some quality in our squad but not to the extent of the top 4. DS / Lange / CP have now got Villa to a place where we finally have a decent squad with some depth in just about every position except GK. It cost a lot of money to get us to where we are. We have also started to add some top 4 quality (Ings) and top 4 potential quality (Ollie, Buendia and Bailey) to our team. We need to continue improving the quality across the full 1st XI and imo that means improve on Cash, Mings, Targett, Nakamba as a priority while continuing to let the youth develop. I am sure some would include Luiz in that list but I want to see him for another season before judging, I think he has the potential to become top 4.

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

39 minutes ago, blandy said:

One of which will be that refereeing howler at Manchester City.

Are these only mistakes directly leading to goals?

I distinctively remember a game against Man U were he is trying to dribble himself out of trouble, getting caught out resulting in a corner. 

Man U scores on said corner. This is just one incident of many at the top of my head. 

Mings does  brainfarts like these every season. And for me he is doing it a little more frequently than it seems like he should. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Not significantly better though, we need the new Forfana or spend 50m 

Yep I am with you on that, but given the choice of getting some cash for Mings and getting Tarkowski on a free for a few years on similar wages I would take it. But Tarkowski's availability will reduce Mings value

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yep I am with you on that, but given the choice of getting some cash for Mings and getting Tarkowski on a free for a few years on similar wages I would take it. But Tarkowski's availability will reduce Mings value

I'm hoping big MIngsy does a Targett for the rest of the season, gets in the prem team of the season and then sits on the bench behind stones and slabhead at the WC and Arsenal offer us 80m for him 

Also I bet our possession has been less than 50% in the majority of those games he’s played. Yes he makes the odd error but this guy earns us a dozen points a season overall we’ve improved massively since he’s come here. Lukaku is a top 5 world striker no shame in it he will learn from it the whole team will

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

That's a matter of opinion but you could argue a few - Soyuncu, Evans at Leicester, Ogbonna and Zouma at West Ham, Anderson at Palace, Dunk at Brighton is very highly rated.

I like Ty but his errors really do undo a lot of his good work. You'd think he'd be able to cut them out at 28 years old but he's still doing it. Fair play to him for coming out and apologising though.

It wasn't just Ty's fault yesterday anyhow, Tuanzebe was pretty poor, as was Targett as he allowed Azpilicueta to get forward for the third. I think there are a couple of positions in the defence we should be looking to improve personally. 

Â