Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

What is the fantasy about what I am saying? Improve players? Lange is responsible? And yes ALL players should be under constant review for improving and selling on. The reason to sell Mings next summer is that due to his age and time with the club we would make a significant accounting profit on him. If we keep him his value will just go down. Then in a few years time we will be needing to buy a new CB for 50m/60m instead of adding 30m to what we could sell Mings for. This allows us to continue to invest more in other aspects of the team during that window.

As you keep saying over and over and over.

Fantasy.

• Like 1

Ahh I knew this hyperbole would be out as soon as he made the mistake. It was a mistake, every defender makes them, including Mings. 

Not 10 minutes later he bailed out Konsa after Konsa got caught on the ball and dispossessed. Maybe everyone thinks Konsa is a better defender because when he makes a mistake he's got Mings to cover for him, Mings doesn't have anyone so mistakes are more costly 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely no chance.

He let it across his body because sometimes he's too casual. Then he shat himself and gave a crap backpass. All on Tyrone that one sadly.

Could be inventing this, but I swear he makes these gaffs more when he's captain. Don't know if it puts him off or something.

You can see them coming as well which is annoying. He's a very strange mix of fairly elegant, but technically poor on the ball. Can't think of many times I've seen that combination.

Getting rinsed on the second was so so poor. Honestly annoyed me more. Just a mess. Made a couple of bad decisions in quick succession and just got stuck going too quickly in a kamikaze challenge. Shame, we played well today and didn't deserve to lose 3-0. 

Not really much we can do because he's one of our best two CBs and captain. He just, again, needs to do his best to concentrate better.

You think the pass from Tuanzebe to Mings was good then? Have another look. It was completely unnecessary. Mings' wasn't good either but neither was Tuanzebe. It put him completely on the wrong foot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

You think the pass from Tuanzebe to Mings was good then? Have another look. It was completely unnecessary. Mings' wasn't good either but neither was Tuanzebe. It put him completely on the wrong foot.

This!!!! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It's fine/good/acceptable, whatever you want to call it, there's not enough wrong in that pass to attach any blame to Axel. Just because a goal has come from it doesn't mean it wasn't the correct thing to do.

Lukaku is right behind Tuanzebe so he lays it inside. Mings wants to try and play forward so goes to run round it and face up with pitch but doesn't realise Kovacic is coming in like a train and the time he thought was there, isn't. He panics even though he's still well in control and underhits the pass because he's hitting it from a funny angle. He often kicks it upfield like this when he's being closed down and scuffs it. 

Fair enough if you disagree, but I bet Mings considers it more of his mistake than Tuanzebe does.

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely no chance.

He let it across his body because sometimes he's too casual. Then he shat himself and gave a crap backpass. All on Tyrone that one sadly.

Could be inventing this, but I swear he makes these gaffs more when he's captain. Don't know if it puts him off or something.

You can see them coming as well which is annoying. He's a very strange mix of fairly elegant, but technically poor on the ball. Can't think of many times I've seen that combination.

Getting rinsed on the second was so so poor. Honestly annoyed me more. Just a mess. Made a couple of bad decisions in quick succession and just got stuck going too quickly in a kamikaze challenge. Shame, we played well today and didn't deserve to lose 3-0. 

Not really much we can do because he's one of our best two CBs and captain. He just, again, needs to do his best to concentrate better.

I don't think he let it run across his body, or at least didn't initially intend to. He tried to control the pass (which wasn't very good from Axel tbf) and he completely missed the ball, so in a pinch he had to let it run across his body and then pass it back to Steer otherwise the attacker would have gotten it. 

Just now, VillanousOne said:

back to Bournemouth?

Ha, I was only making fun of some of our more emotionally extreme contributors. 

The bugger should learn from his mistakes though, too many now, it's a concentration issue, it's something that can be fixed. Hope he fights on stronger then ever before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

What are the numbers? These stats don’t really say much, players like Stones (for example only) are rarely in a position to make a ‘mistake’.

Good point, if there's 3 mistakes between 20 players then it's whatever. If he is the worst by miles then he needs a carrot up his jaxxy.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Good point, if there's 3 mistakes between 20 players then it's whatever. If he is the worst by miles then he needs a carrot up his jaxxy.

I just remember from how the stats are collated players might make 1 or 2 a season, so if Ty is on 3 it’s not insignificant but also not some horrendous stat

• Like 1

Â