Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

He is certainly not your average footballer. After he retires there is going to be a whole heap of opportunities open to him.  I've a feeling we'll be hearing about him for some time to come. 

Politics in football is like going into the summer transfer thread and having to read through pages of utter dribble by a certain few people who think their opinion is more important than the actual subject matter.

Personally I'm sick of it all and only watch football to enjoy football...

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I didn’t feel like I was giving her much credit!

I agree she is a horrible person, but I think we should be clear that she is merely following the lines that come from the prime minister of this great country.

You weren’t but any credit is way too much for her.

Also she’s gotten in to this position somehow. She was peddling lines like this for a long before Boris became prime minister. 

58 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If you have a spare 39 minutes then listen to this man speaking with the Barbados Pm and Sports minister. WHAT A MAN. The most aware,informed and eloquent speaker . 

He is wasted as a footballer i tell ya

He certainly has some career options when he retires from football (as a Champions League winner with Aston Villa). 

1 hour ago, dubliner said:

I honestly can never understand people starting tweets by clarifying who they support... Who gives a sh*t 

You see it all the time on social media (respect from a blah blah fan etc) like it makes you some sort of national hero being a decent human being despite supporting a rival club.

The tweet above though is just plain weird.

Its written to clarify any biases they might have, irrelevant here maybe but it can also be quite useful.

As for the tweet itself I don't understand why its doing the rounds here, must be many worse examples to pick from? Yeah the dude is utterly confused about Marxism and has been sucked into the narrative that fighting racism is another battleground for left/right tribal politics, when it really shouldn't be.. But at least the tone is respectful, which is more than can be said about lots of commenters.

With that all said, well done Tyrone for a very eloquent and timely written tweet that hit home. Fantastic rolemodel and leader to have around the team, we're very lucky to have him at our club!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If you have a spare 39 minutes then listen to this man speaking with the Barbados Pm and Sports minister. WHAT A MAN. The most aware,informed and eloquent speaker . 

He is wasted as a footballer i tell ya

Thank you for sharing this 

1 hour ago, dubliner said:

I honestly can never understand people starting tweets by clarifying who they support... Who gives a sh*t 

You see it all the time on social media (respect from a blah blah fan etc) like it makes you some sort of national hero being a decent human being despite supporting a rival club.

The tweet above though is just plain weird.

off topic but before cheltenham (i think) paddy power did a video about if racing fans were like footy fans, and one segment was someone tweeting "always loved cheltenham...great atmosphere whenever i've been. from an Ascot fan"

that one tickled me.

but i agree with you. it's really bizarre

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bunnski said:

Politics in football is like going into the summer transfer thread and having to read through pages of utter dribble by a certain few people who think their opinion is more important than the actual subject matter.

Personally I'm sick of it all and only watch football to enjoy football...

i'm sure the players are sick of it all too and just want to play football without fear of abuse

• Like 2

A lot of people go to football and follow footballers on social media because they are racist and that's the only place they can practise their racism.

I like snuff videos, but I can't actually go and watch people die horrible deaths, so I just watch snuff videos online and comment underneath them if I really like them.

So I have a lot of sympathy for racists. If you take racism out of football, where will they do it? On the street? Shouting abuse at non-white dogs? Oh and I suppose that should be illegal too.

Bloody marxism

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm sure the players are sick of it all too and just want to play football without fear of abuse

Abuse has always been there and will always be there. Just like wars will never go away. Sadly it's part of human nature. However long they choose to take the knee. You will never fully eradicate racism, sexism, abuse.

Everything seem so innocent when you are a child but when you grow up you realize the world isn't all rainbows and unicorns.

The positive is the vast majority of people are just good folks. I bet all you regular Villa Park goers on here would echo that 9/10 people you come across there are just regular, good folks. It's important to always remember that. 

However good the intentions, taking the politics onto the pitch has seemed to make the mob angrier and made things worse. I can't ever remember things being this bad before.

Edited by villalad21

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Abuse has always been there and will always be there. Just like wars will never go away. Sadly it's part of human nature. However long they choose to take the knee. You will never fully eradicate racism, sexism, abuse.

Everything seem so innocent when you are a child but when you grow up you realize the world isn't all rainbows and unicorns.

The positive is the vast majority of people are just good folks. I bet all you regular Villa Park goers on here would echo that 9/10 people you come across there are just regular, good folks. It's important to always remember that. 

However good the intentions, taking the politics onto the pitch has seemed to make the mob angrier and made things worse. I can't ever remember things being this bad before.

When I was a kid, I was warned a lot about men offering me sweeties in the park or offering me to take them to see a puppy. There were even adverts on the telly. 
From what I understand, there are still nonces knocking about. I don’t know why we don’t just accept it. No matter what we do, it’s not going to go away. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

no, it's made the mob realise that they are not alone and therefore it's ok to be racist. coupled with the fact that there are very few real consequences for their actions short of MAYBE losing their jobs if they're stupid enough to be able to be traced back to their place of work

and ffs, please can everyone stop calling it 'politics'. it's not politics, its general human decency...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â