Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, peterw said:

The on;ly thing that you could say for the Mings's 'challenge' is that if you watch carefully Mings' feet don't actually move and the player runs into him. Yes, he played for it (he's a centre half and by trade they're dirty), but he didn't move towards the attacking player but waited for the contact. Then bojaxed the ****.

yet supposed villa fans couldn't wait to jump on his back for it

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yet supposed villa fans couldn't wait to jump on his back for it

Yeah you’d be totally fine about it if someone did that to Jack/Ollie in the penalty area. His eyes are totally on the defender and he takes him out. I love Ty but facts of the matter that would have been a pen against us with VAR.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pete101 said:
Really needs to cut this part of his game out,  var its a red ,  he is off and penalty. If he wasnt a villa player we would be slatting him

Probably another "accident", just seems to happen to him. Poor bloke.

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

They just collided. Mings couldn't get out of the way and thus protected himself. His feet didn't move.

He deliberately *stopped* moving so he could clatter his man off the ball.

Great player, fully has my support in the shirt, but honestly he's a bit of a thug. I've often thought we needed someone a bit nasty, we've been a very soft team for a long time, but I'm not buying how much people try to excuse his numerous antics.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yeah you’d be totally fine about it if someone did that to Jack/Ollie in the penalty area. His eyes are totally on the defender and he takes him out. I love Ty but facts of the matter that would have been a pen against us with VAR.

defender keeping an eye on the man he's marking...what a shock

the attacker just runs into him. mings doesn't make any movement towards him. hows about we give our man the benefit of the doubt?

28 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

People can’t wait to jump on him clearly Pickford’s fault here

That's a mixed one IMO. Pickford shouldn't be passing to a player turning away from him, but I'm surprised Mings was so quick to turn his back when the ball's in play within feet of him and he can see the keeper being rapidly closed down. He obviously just assumes the keeper is going to blast it long, but it was an odd decision to make I think.

Pickford has already picked his pass and has his eye on the ball just as Tyrone starts turning around

Coady is open, the boot down field is open, the only ball worse than mings there is a pass back to trippier, what's mings supposed to do with the ball there other than a first time pass to coady? Which is exactly what pickford should have done 

Added to that it's a shit bobbly ball to a guy 5 yards in front of him... If he'd played a proper ball to him mings might have controlled it depaite not looking 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That's a mixed one IMO. Pickford shouldn't be passing to a player turning away from him, but I'm surprised Mings was so quick to turn his back when the ball's in play within feet of him and he can see the keeper being rapidly closed down. He obviously just assumes the keeper is going to blast it long, but it was an odd decision to make I think.

Pickford has already picked his pass and has his eye on the ball just as Tyrone starts turning around

It’s erratic from Pickford he had time and even if Mings had turned to him it’s a poorly weighed pass compare that to Martinez distribution.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

That's neither here nor there, though, is it? Any slightest touch on a villa player anywhere on the pitch and i want a red card, a pen, and the opposition player to be executed and the 3 points to be defaulted to us. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Great dummy. 😉 

troll GIF

Again any criticism of Mings and you're a hater.

He is hot-headed. Seen it numerous times. He switches off seen it numerous times. He has a nasty streak and he makes mistakes, too many.

For Villa we will accept it. He and Konsa are the best we have atm and we've kicked on massively.

In an England team , in a tournament, in knock out football or 2 bad games in the group and you're gone - I don't trust the guy. At all.

He does really stupid things a 28 year old Cb should not do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Again any criticism of Mings and you're a hater.

He is hot-headed. Seen it numerous times. He switches off seen it numerous times. He has a nasty streak and he makes mistakes, too many.

For Villa we will accept it. He and Konsa are the best we have atm and we've kicked on massively.

In an England team , in a tournament, in knock out football or 2 bad games in the group and you're gone - I don't trust the guy. At all.

He does really stupid things a 28 year old Cb should not do.

image.gif.4ee8034654d25d76217414841de334fa.gif

Â