Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Only left footed CB 

It should come down more to partnershps though, if stones is 1st choice then 2nd choice is whoever is the most in sync with him not necessarily who is the next best player, it's the best pairing or 3 as a unit, both coady and Mings are great talkers and leaders so could be either of them 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he has every chance of a start - Maguire isn't fit and Coady can't play in a back four.

He's a much better option than a half fit Maguire, I've no doubt Southgate will still pick Maguire given half a chance though. Think I'm right in saying Coady plays on the right side in a back four, and as you say, not his strong suit that formation.

Still, that £26m we chucked at Bournemouth looks a very good deal now. A number of our players improved massively last season which overshadowed Mings improvement to a degree, if he continues progressing and avoids injuries that deal will just keep getting better. 

• Like 1

Anybody else surprised at the level of hate that Mings gets from fans of other clubs. I haven’t read a single positive thing about him. He’s seen as a real weak link, people can’t believe he’s been picked.

I think it shows how people form opinions without watching much of the person they’re talking about. I hope he proves people wrong. 

15 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Anybody else surprised at the level of hate that Mings gets from fans of other clubs. I haven’t read a single positive thing about him. He’s seen as a real weak link, people can’t believe he’s been picked.

I think it shows how people form opinions without watching much of the person they’re talking about. I hope he proves people wrong. 

Villa’s MOTD highlights are normally boiled down to goals - for and against. That format highlights Mings’ mistakes but excludes the 95% of things he gets right, so non-Villa fans don’t see them.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

To be fair we say the same about Coady.

Mings has the odd mistake in him but so far for England he just keeps it simple so with his leadership skills I think if Maguire is unfit I think he starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yes I noticed this to, how can a CB that played for a team that only conceded 46 goals and kept 15 clean sheets be poor? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Awol said:

Villa’s MOTD highlights are normally boiled down to goals - for and against. That format highlights Mings’ mistakes but excludes the 95% of things he gets right, so non-Villa fans don’t see them.  

This and the fact that I think a lot of Villa fans over rate him which makes the disparity seem more stark.

7 hours ago, S-Platt said:

To be fair we say the same about Coady.

Mings has the odd mistake in him but so far for England he just keeps it simple so with his leadership skills I think if Maguire is unfit I think he starts.

Mings has the odd mistake in him but if everyone's fit we start Stones and Maguire... With Pickford in goal... 

I hope he just has a nice quiet 7/10 euros, plays some games and does nothing of any interest 

Will be interesting to see if his perceived over confidence carries on at that level 

And if "wheres mings? What did he do wrong? " after every goal carries on at that level too

5 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Best defender on the pitch for England. Covering for Coady on several occasions..... Rock solid.

Absolutely, made about half a dozen really impressive clearances. 

Â