Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

A measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn’t quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world. Nevertheless, nice song. 

Agnosia maintain to this day that the world is indeed a concrete paradise so nothing to worry about all along Joni you knitpicker. 

He might be in the same bracket as defenders like Mellberg, Laursen, Teale for me. They also had faults, Laursen for example was terrible against pace. I seen Oba Martins and Ricardo Fuller destroy him with pace. 

Mings is playing in the social media age so everything is criticised but has been one of our best signings in the last decade. Probably just behind Benteke 

• Like 3

Playing like he did against Spurs that’s the mings that got himself in the England squad and had all of us desperate for the club to “announce mings” . If he sets that as his baseline of performance then what a defender. When he goes casual/arrogant it’s time to wait for the big mistake. 

against Spurs he showed why is is our best natural defender but over the season the casualness has Konsa above him in that list just for consistency. 

on another thought, I wonder what Bournemouth fans think seeing him put in performances like that, it must be similar to watching Gary Cahill when he was at Chelsea for me knowing MON preferred Zat F ing Knight 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

Playing like he did against Spurs that’s the mings that got himself in the England squad and had all of us desperate for the club to “announce mings” . If he sets that as his baseline of performance then what a defender. When he goes casual/arrogant it’s time to wait for the big mistake. 

against Spurs he showed why is is our best natural defender but over the season the casualness has Konsa above him in that list just for consistency. 

on another thought, I wonder what Bournemouth fans think seeing him put in performances like that, it must be similar to watching Gary Cahill when he was at Chelsea for me knowing MON preferred Zat F ing Knight 

bournemouth fans never rated him and still don't

you get the odd mistake from him but palace game showed what happens when you take his leadership off the pitch. we were clueless and having him back the other night was massive

• Like 1

It would have slight differences to Bournemouth as most our fans wanted to keep Cahill. I expected him to go on to be a very good defender, but maybe not quite as good as he ended up or winning the things he did. 

Bournemouth fans (quite rightly) wanted to see the back of him as he had been largely poor for them or if not poor, injured.  His good season for us probably went under most of their radars and they remember the player they shipped out.

Either way, I suspect it hurts that he's making the England squad playing for us, when they're about to lose a playoff semi final...(come on Brentford)

• Like 1

Mainly played LB at Bournemouth as well didn't he? 

The other thing is they had Ake who despite being 4th choice there is still potentially a league and CL winning CB this season so no doubt their fans would make a solid argument for him being better as the left footed CB

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Been saying all season he's a class above Konsa. And pretty obvious once he is back in the middle. 

Worded in a way that sounds harsh on ezri! 

These 2 could be the new Laursen and Mellberg 

I think a lot of the difference is experience and leadership

Konsa could get there, especially with Terry coaching him too

The surprising thing still is that mings has that quality despite not actually playing that much football

Really hope Ty makes the England squad and then forces himself into the starting 11. I love everything about him. I think our recovery only really started the day that he walked into our beautiful club. 

• Like 2

It hadnt occurred to me the journey Tyron has been on the past few years. I definitley do recall the looking down their noses attitude to Mings from some Bournemouth fans. I didnt understand it then and even less now. He is a first class defender, fantastic distribution and gets forward to attack, incidentally I like the new dean Smith party trick of getting Mings really high up on the left

Anyway he is too classy to say it but I imagine he takes some satisfaction in his trajectory vs Bournemouth's.,

• Like 1

He just needs to get the odd casual lapse in concentration out of his game. I think he's a brilliant player but more importantly a brilliant leader in defence.

I think we could improve in every position in the front half of the ground apart from Jack and Watkins, but the back 4+Martinez are fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing this year. I think all 5 will only get better as well.

I think he'd be a great choice for England but I expect they'll go with Maguire and Stones

2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

He just needs to get the odd casual lapse in concentration out of his game. I think he's a brilliant player but more importantly a brilliant leader in defence.

I think we could improve in every position in the front half of the ground apart from Jack and Watkins, but the back 4+Martinez are fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing this year. I think all 5 will only get better as well.

I think he'd be a great choice for England but I expect they'll go with Maguire and Stones

Maybe it’s just me, but I just don’t see what people rave about with Maguire. I don’t think he’s that good, certainly not £80m good, and if you offered me a swap deal with Mings I wouldn’t take it. Leicester arguably improved with Evans and Syoncu, they certainly didn’t get worse.

• Like 3

Â