Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, lexicon said:

Hopefully people will recognise that. Not holding out hope, though. 

I nearly said "best" and chucked in "but I'm probably not allowed to say that" but I'm trying to be less petty.

• Like 1

Said in the ratings thread I thought his handling of kane was superb, it's a hard job cos he pulls him about and drops deep but mings was brilliant with it, passed him on when he needed to, stepped out, dropped off, gave him space in the right areas, closed down in the right areas, read the game perfectly 

My MOTM 

And Kane with that grabbing his arm free kick 😂😂 what a cheating word removed 

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I nearly said "best" and chucked in "but I'm probably not allowed to say that" but I'm trying to be less petty.

IMO it's fine to be petty if you've backed a player and he's shown his quality. It's people who revel in 'calling it' because they said someone was shit that does my head in. 

22 minutes ago, lexicon said:

IMO it's fine to be petty if you've backed a player and he's shown his quality. It's people who revel in 'calling it' because they said someone was shit that does my head in. 

That's fair. Tbh I already loved the guy albeit accepted he has his limitations but some of the stick he's taken this season has been so pathetic it somehow made me warm to him even more. More than proved his worth as the season has gone on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

That's fair. Tbh I already loved the guy albeit accepted he has his limitations but some of the stick he's taken this season has been so pathetic it somehow made me warm to him even more. More than proved his worth as the season has gone on.

I honestly don't think he has that many limitations tbf - he'll make a mistake sometimes but it's rare, but all defenders do - I really think he's up there with some of the great CBs we've had tbh. 

• Like 3

His biggest weakness is when he stands off sometimes his lead foot gets stuck. Watch Salah's second goal against us in the 7-2 it happened sort of today but Mings managed to get a deflection on it when Kane had a shot which Emi saved.

It doesn't happen often though. Other than that he is going to be a Villa legend.

There was a header towards the end of the game where it was slightly behind him and too high and he not only got to it but cleared it 30 yards with immense power . Love his leadership commitment and considerable ability. Martin Laursen got loved for putting it all on the line in games. Mings is at least the equal in the air as Laursen

14 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think its noticeable he hasn't been pissing around with the ball as much recently. Such a great player when he simplifies his game. Excellent tonight.

This is the key, and yes he was absolutely superb last night.

Makes you wonder what we might be like with Mings, Hause and Konsa operating as a back three more regularly against the ‘bigger’ teams? 

I reckon this is where JT has had his biggest impact. Has moulded him into the Voice and the Leader of our Defence. TM has his moments, but don’t we all. Very impressive individual and a great leader on and off the pitch of which we should all be proud to call ours. UTV. 

• Like 2

Â