Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Presumably means if Bournemouth have a bid from elsewhere, they have to offer us the option to bid for the same amount. A bit like having first refusal I guess.

As for Mings himself. I can't help thinking he's going to be injured a lot.

Hopefully its the reverse - we seem to sign players who are fit and then get injured - so maybe the thinking is if we sign an injured one he will get fit !!

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I would assume it means it gives us priority.

So if Derby offer £5m for him in the summer, we get first dibs but we have to match their offer.

I guess it's the same as an option to buy, but it allows the selling club to not set a fee at this stage.

Id argue that there will be a set fee to start with that will be triggered at a certain date. Else what happens if no one bids?

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Id argue that there will be a set fee to start with that will be triggered at a certain date. Else what happens if no one bids?

Yeah I agree. I missed that bit. I edited my post to say I agreed with the post you made just before mine.

Or maybe there isn't a set price and we can bid as usual in the summer. it just means if anyone comes over the top then we have the priority over them if we match their bid.

I'm sure it's something along those lines anyway

• Like 2

1 minute ago, limvillian said:

Matt Kendrick claims Mimgs is coming in as a CB rather than a LB , to take over from the injured Chester. Going straight into Saturdays squad.So we'd go into Reading with Elphick and Mings as a partnership. 

Would mean a left back is still in the pipeline hopefully...now this id like!

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Would mean a left back is still in the pipeline hopefully...now this id like!

Or else we are happy enough with Taylor(please no). Reading between the lines in the article(sorry don't know how to post it on the phone) it's like Taylor's dip away from form since Smith's first few games is being put down to Chesters injury!!!! 

Edited by limvillian

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If Chester recovers and we have him Mings tuanzebe ane elphick as our cb options our defence is looking bloody good. Barii g the full backs

Id say we will have sights on moving Mings to the left once Tuanzebe recovers.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If Chester recovers and we have him Mings tuanzebe ane elphick as our cb options our defence is looking bloody good. Barii g the full backs

Mings and Tuanzebe as CB's would be big, powerful and quick players in the heart of defense.

Much needed!

We've had oversized midgets in our team for too long.

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Back four made up entirely of left back's.

It's like a Steve Bruce wet dream.

When we play Sheffield Wednesday we can move the left backs to the right side of defence and the right backs to the left side of defence

11 minutes ago, limvillian said:

Matt Kendrick claims Mimgs is coming in as a CB rather than a LB , to take over from the injured Chester. Going straight into Saturdays squad.So we'd go into Reading with Elphick and Mings as a partnership. 

Makes sense since he started out as a LB but since his injuries has mostly been used as a CB.

I read a comment on a forum that said it was 3 years since he played LB :D That's probably not 100% accurate, but he is mainly a CB now.

Bournemouth has used him as CB in his cameos this season when they switched to a 5 man defense, and once as a straight swap for Ake in a back 4.

a 6ft 5, 80 kilos guy who's already had serious knee injury and a back injury will not have the body to keep bombing up the field as a LB. At least not if he want's to have a long career.

Hope he is used as a CB here as well, not sure where that leaves Hause thou.

Â