Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

52 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I just hope he gets his head back in the game vs Southampton, but he's not the only one that needs a rocket up his arse.

He's literally had one bad game in MONTHS. Stop over reacting. If he plays like that over the next 3 then talk about rockets all you like. Ridiculous

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He's literally had one bad game in MONTHS. Stop over reacting. If he plays like that over the next 3 then talk about rockets all you like. Ridiculous

Not over reacting just having an opinion. As i have repeatedly stated most of the team were terrible and deserve a rocket up the arse also.

18 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Not over reacting just having an opinion. As i have repeatedly stated most of the team were terrible and deserve a rocket up the arse also.

We won the first four games. The end of last season was pretty good too. I don't think the words you say mean the things you think they do. What are you on about.

If Mings wasn't good on Friday nobody is going to deny that. 

21 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We won the first four games. The end of last season was pretty good too. I don't think the words you say mean the things you think they do. What are you on about.

If Mings wasn't good on Friday nobody is going to deny that. 

I know exactly what i am saying and what i mean, you are welcome to disagree but telling other people they don't know what they are saying or on about is pathetic and insulting.

1) Mings had a bad game yesterday and I like many I was disappointed with him. In particular I feel strongly about that game because it was Leeds who i despise and Bamford who I despise even more. 
2) Most of the team had a bad game, some very bad 
3) Mings (in my opinion) sometimes gets less criticism than other players. I used Guilbert as an example but by my own admission that wasn't a good example.
4) I never said he didn't play well at the very end of last season or the last 4 games, just because I don't say it doesn't mean I don't think he has had many good games in a Villa shirt. 
5) I am over the moon with our results this season and hopefully Leeds game was a blip, but psychologically getting spanked at home 3:0 is a big reality check and I hope we bounce back quickly

I expect a lot of a player like Mings and am particularly harsh on him because he is team captain material, he needs to lead from the back and by example. He has all the ability to become a club legend. 

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

How sickening to see Bielsa stating how delighted he is for the "Generous & Noble" Bamford. 

A Cheating, baby-like & shockingly bad example to all the kids out there more like.

Our defenders were an embarrassment however Mings especially.

Bielsa is a fat pr#$k. You are, however, right about our defenders.

It bugs me that VAR didn't give Bamford a yellow for his foul on Mings, but Mings cannot do what he did. With VAR in place he has to let the powers that be do their thing.

So bloody typical that Bamford has his game of the season against us.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Bielsa is a fat pr#$k. You are, however, right about our defenders.

It bugs me that VAR didn't give Bamford a yellow for his foul on Mings, but Mings cannot do what he did. With VAR in place he has to let the powers that be do their thing.

So bloody typical that Bamford has his game of the season against us.

VAR can’t give yellow cards

• Thanks 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8886307/Tyrone-Mings-warns-black-players-NOT-sign-clubs-havent-joined-new-diversity-code.html

Tyrone Mings believes black footballers will consider boycotting clubs who have not signed up to the FA's historic leadership diversity code, which was unveiled on Tuesday.

As revealed by Sportsmail, Southampton are the only Premier League club not to have joined the FA's new initiative to help combat inequality at the very top of football. 

Over 40 clubs across men's and women's professional football have agreed to becoming founding members of the code, with the FA hopeful that many more will follow suit.

Aston Villa defender Mings was part of a players' focus group who helped develop the code and — alongside the chair of the FA's advisory inclusion board Paul Elliott — played a key role ahead of its launch.

The code, as revealed by Sportsmail last week, demands that clubs appoint more female, black, Asian and mixed-heritage staff to coaching positions.

And Mings, 27, said: 'Of course it will come into players' minds if they see that one club has alienated itself from the code by choosing not to sign up or choosing to not be a part of it. You would want to ask the question why.

'That may be an issue that those clubs may have to deal with in the future, those difficult conversations around, 'Why haven't you signed up?'.'

England star Mings, who was racially abused during his international debut in Bulgaria last year, has been a big supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement — he was one of 4,000 people to attend a march in Birmingham in June.

Southampton's current position as the only top-flight club not to sign up certainly leaves them open to criticism. 

But those in positions of power at St Mary's are said to be entirely comfortable with their decision, believing their work in promoting equality and diversity at the club in recent years speaks for itself.

There is also a feeling — a view shared by a number of EFL clubs who have decided against joining — that Southampton did not feel they were afforded enough time to consider whether joining up to the code would be worthwhile, given the advances they have already made internally in trying to create a more diverse workforce.

The club were reluctant to sign up as a token gesture and issued a robust defence of their decision in a statement — but also opened the door to becoming a member in the future.

'Southampton FC are wholly supportive of the Football Leadership Diversity Code objectives,' they said in a statement. 'We are aware that the Premier League are revising their Equality Standard to bring the two closer together.

At this time the club consider its most appropriate course of action is to wait and understand how a revised Premier League Equality Standard and the Football Leadership Diversity Code will work together and complement each other before revising our recruitment targets and already established processes.

'We have had productive and encouraging discussions with Paul Elliott on this topic and will continue to work closely with him on this.'

On Southampton's decision, Mings acknowledged that having total unanimity in the top flight would be symbolic of a collective determination to drive equality.

He said: 'I don't know the reasons why Southampton haven't signed up but I guess if there's one that hasn't it means 19 have. It's important to look at the positives. The fact that there are so many that have signed up represents huge progress and that is probably more important than the one that hasn't.

'But of course if they do sign up and the whole Premier League signs up it represents a real collective sign of people wanting to make change.

'At the moment that's not something that we have but hopefully in future they will and they will see the benefits of being part of a collective.'

Doesn't deserve a call-up for the next England matches. Might bring his head back down to Earth...

Would say he should be benched for the next match but not sure Hause is a better option...

2 minutes ago, a-k said:

Doesn't deserve a call-up for the next England matches. Might bring his head back down to Earth...

Would say he should be benched for the next match but not sure Hause is a better option...

Engels is on the bench, so guessing he’s 3rd choice centre back, can’t be anyworse than this performance 

It's weird that a statement based on pretty much nothing can gain so much traction. Mings got called up to England, had one or two subpar games and ever since he "thinks he's better than he is"?

Or maybe he just didn't jump for a free kick at the very edge of the box as many sides do as it could possibly be hit underneath a jumping wall,  and unfortunately Ward-Prowse hit it perfectly.

Weird.

• Like 1

Â