Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

He really didn't do that. He didn't think "I'm going to mug Mings here". 

Bamford is a cheating c*** and tried to con the ref into giving a penalty. Mings did over-react by pushing him but, again, Bamford fell over in a way that a little girl would if she'd been denied her dolly. 

What Mings was guilty of was the first goal. He "raced" back too nonchalantly and Konsa, quite rightly, passed Bamford onto him as he could see Cash was 1v2 at the far post. Mings solely got drawn to the ball and Bamford picked up the pieces. 

Thrid goal, Bamford had four around him and not one of them made a serious attempt for the ball. Mings probably had the best chance but, for some reason, was way too casual on his approach. 

The second goal was a good goal. If anybody was at fault you could point fingers at McGinn for not getting a good challenge in and Konsa for not going out to press the ball more. 

I don't blame them. Get within one inch of that word removed and he'll stamp on your foot and start rolling like his ankle snapped off.

• Like 2

Disagree. He completely lost his head. Don't forget Ming's was already on a yellow card. He dragged him up then threw him to the floor (at that point Bamford actually stayed on his feet!!) It was an absolute definite second yellow.

Following that and the quickfire second, Ming's went mental, he was charging forward, was at left wing and centre mid a few times, just completely lost his discipline and positional awareness. 

Bamford knew he had rattled him and was absolutely loving it and you could see his confidence grow and grow.

Stay calm, don't get involved and walk off leaving him writhing around like a baby and I genuinely believe there's a good chance those 2nd and 3rd goals don't happen.

He wound himself up and boosted bamford all at the same time by a lack of discipline

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Okonokos said:

It was embarrassing and Mings did so well not to hit him. This is his second time doing this against us in two matches now. Just look at the pure agony in his face as he's rolling around. Truly pathetic. I think Mings handled the situation well considering.

Exactly. Second time Bamford flopped to get a Villa player sent off. Would have fooled a championship ref. I was happy Mings man handled him. word removed deserved that and more. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Disagree. He completely lost his head. Don't forget Ming's was already on a yellow card. He dragged him up then threw him to the floor (at that point Bamford actually stayed on his feet!!) It was an absolute definite second yellow.

Following that and the quickfire second, Ming's went mental, he was charging forward, was at left wing and centre mid a few times, just completely lost his discipline and positional awareness. 

Bamford knew he had rattled him and was absolutely loving it and you could see his confidence grow and grow.

Stay calm, don't get involved and walk off leaving him writhing around like a baby and I genuinely believe there's a good chance those 2nd and 3rd goals don't happen.

He wound himself up and boosted bamford all at the same time by a lack of discipline

Agree with this. Mings lost his head there.  Allowed the slip up under the circumstances of us throwing away our chance to set a new club record,  but he needs to be smarter in the future

Mings did not do well to avoid punching him.  Mings got totally played and lost.  He's very very lucky the ref didn't see the shirt grab and following push or he'd have rightfully been sent off.  You can't afford to lose those psychological battles or what happened last night ends up happening. Next time, Mings probably ends up getting sent off

Edited by MrBlack

19 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Agree with this. Mings lost his head there.  Allowed the slip up under the circumstances of us throwing away our chance to set a new club record,  but he needs to be smarter in the future

Mings did not do well to avoid punching him.  Mings got totally played and lost.  He's very very lucky the ref didn't see the shirt grab and following push or he'd have rightfully been sent off.  You can't afford to lose those psychological battles or what happened last night ends up happening. Next time, Mings probably ends up getting sent off

To be fair  I think VAR had a look at the shirt grab incident after, the fact that Bamford stood on Mings ankle made them look past it Imo

He does this thing right. He does this thing where he allows players to shoot when they have the ball in front of him. It drives me absolutely insane. He’s done it ever since he joined and I can’t figure out whether it’s been coached into him or if it’s just something he does instinctively. 

The Bamford goal last night was just another in the long line of chances/goals we’ve conceded where Mings seems to think it’s better to shield the goal instead of tackling the man. 

Does anyone else notice it? I really like Mings and he’s been superb for the most part this season but he does this one thing and it really pisses me off. He just lets players shoot and backs off them far too easily. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He does this thing right. He does this thing where he allows players to shoot when they have the ball in front of him. It drives me absolutely insane. He’s done it ever since he joined and I can’t figure out whether it’s been coached into him or if it’s just something he does instinctively. 

The Bamford goal last night was just another in the long line of chances/goals we’ve conceded where Mings seems to think it’s better to shield the goal instead of tackling the man. 

Does anyone else notice it? I really like Mings and he’s been superb for the most part this season but he does this one thing and it really pisses me off. He just lets players shoot and backs off them far too easily. 

Yep,noticeably Greenwood against Man Utd last season.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

To be fair  I think VAR had a look at the shirt grab incident after, the fact that Bamford stood on Mings ankle made them look past it Imo

And if he hadn't done it maybe bamford gets a yellow instead

• Like 1

he had a shocking game, went missing several times, positionally out of place and failed to make the tackles needed. Got schooled by a cheating Harry Potter look-a-like.

I don't think Guilbert is better than Cash or should be starting, but Ming's had as many terrible games as Guilbert last season yet too often seems immune to criticism. 

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think VAR can give yellow cards only straight reds. 

4 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

he had a shocking game, went missing several times, positionally out of place and failed to make the tackles needed. Got schooled by a cheating Harry Potter look-a-like.

I don't think Guilbert is better than Cash or should be starting, but Ming's had as many terrible games as Guilbert last season yet too often seems immune to criticism. 

This is mind blowing. I think it's a weird comparison anyway. Nobody hates Guilbert, but he doesn't quite look prem quality. Mings might not be the best CB in the league, but he's been massive for us. 

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Rolta said:

This is mind blowing. I think it's a weird comparison anyway. Nobody hates Guilbert, but he doesn't quite look prem quality. Mings might not be the best CB in the league, but he's been massive for us. 

He's 6ft 5 so definitely massive.

If your mind is blown by any criticism of Mings then you need to get out more. When he's on form he is awesome and deserves England call ups and he is one of our most important players, but the game against Leeds was by no means his first terrible game in the shirt.

26 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

If your mind is blown by any criticism of Mings then you need to get out more. When he's on form he is awesome and deserves England call ups and he is one of our most important players, but the game against Leeds was by no means his first terrible game in the shirt.

Mentioning Guilbert was kind of pointless to be fair nobody has made a scapegoat out of him he’s simply not good enough end of, Mings is not perfect by any means and deserves criticism for his mistakes last night, everyone has a off night and Mings has had a few but there has been plenty of occasions where he has saved our asses also

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

What Gwi said. I don't think you even read your own post. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Mentioning Guilbert was kind of pointless to be fair nobody has made a scapegoat out of him he’s simply not good enough end of, Mings is not perfect by any means and deserves criticism for his mistakes last night, everyone has a off night and Mings has had a few but there has been plenty of occasions where he has saved our asses also

so aside from the Guilbert point you agree with me?

anyway just my opinion that not all players are treated the same way, not forcing anyone to agree.

Â