Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

How many reds have we had this year? Only one I can recall off the top of my head is Trez at... Palace? Maybe Guilbert somewhere? Not saying we should set out to be dirty, but when we're nearly through the season and our defenders in particular haven't accumulated a few, we probably aren't fighting hard enough.

• Like 2

Don't really get the stick Mings gets sometimes, outside of isolated incidents like United's second tonight which was shocking in fairness. He was so good in the Championship that I think some people had unrealistically high expectations for him, but in reality he's comfortably a PL-level centre back, the only one in the squad might I add. He has mistakes in him but also makes a large amount of defensive contributions and we're noticeably worse without him in the side. One of the few players in the squad where in some alternate universe where we pick up the necessary points to stay up wouldn't immediately need replacing for us to kick on another level.

No player is immune to criticism but on a forum where the likes of himself and Jack get slated for having subpar performances, players like Konsa who are so far off the required level get off relatively scot free when in reality having too many players of that calibre has been our real issue this season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Don't really get the stick Mings gets sometimes, outside of isolated incidents like United's second tonight which was shocking in fairness. He was so good in the Championship that I think some people had unrealistically high expectations for him, but in reality he's comfortably a PL-level centre back, the only one in the squad might I add. He has mistakes in him but also makes a large amount of defensive contributions and we're noticeably worse without him in the side. One of the few players in the squad where in some alternate universe where we pick up the necessary points to stay up wouldn't immediately need replacing for us to kick on another level.

No player is immune to criticism but on a forum where the likes of himself and Jack get slated for having subpar performances, players like Konsa who are so far off the required level get off relatively scot free when in reality having too many players of that calibre has been our real issue this season.

Tbh he was making mistakes in the championship but got away with it there as the players in the prem don’t usually miss

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Tbf I do agree with this. Especially when you're under the cosh as much as us, concentration levels have to be off the scale.

7 hours ago, Indigo said:

I think the point is that if Konsa is a 6/10 performer and Jack a 9/10 performer and both put in 6/10 performances, you have to point the finger at Jack rather than Konsa because Jack is not giving or performing at his best whereas Konsa probably is !

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

Makes so many **** mistakes 

This, he makes way too many to be classed as a top defender in my opinion. I would go as far as saying he reminds me a little of Titus Bramble, in that he has the physical attributes of speed and strength to be a top defender, but the rickets in him will mean he will always undo his good work.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He’ll be our captain next season. Needed an experienced head along side him this season though, Cahill would have been good. 

He cannot get switched on for PL games I would not want him here in the Championship. If we can get good money I would move him on.

Plays like he has nothing to prove unlike when he joined us. He is wrong. Very wrong.

• Like 1

Terrible from him last night. After all the excitement of him signing last year, I actually now look forward to him leaving. He’s been rubbish this year. Sad.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Mings will not stay if Villa are relegated, let’s get that straight right now. He probably should have been made captain earlier in the season, not now. 

Why not? We won’t sell him for less than we paid, or even not unless we make a tidy profit, and he’s not exactly doing himself any favours at the moment. He only just signed a permanent contract last summer. If he wants to leave he’ll have to earn a move.

IF (yes, still if...) we get relegated, Mings would still make a very good Championship CB and probably our captain too IF (yes, still if...) Jack leaves.

9 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think the partnership with Hause isn't working and I think that's more Hause fault and is affecting Ming's game. Funny enough, Hause has had his better games of late.

How can you blame hause for mings fault yesterday? Mings has been fraefful for a while. He looks like he doenst care and accepted we are down.

Nice guy but ashit defender that really doesnt care. He looks like he is absolutely not interested and just wants season to end.

He reminds me of Micah Richards  has all the physical attributes and will make tackles and blocks due to his strength and speed , but dear god his positioning is suspect and has made so many errors.

Last night he made 3 leading to the goal 

1)He lost the ball 

2)After losing the ball he has to stop the attack even if it means taking a yellow card , he doesn't 

3)Finally he drops too deep and lets Greenwood shoot which is madness , it was only at the weekend Greenwood showed how good his shooting is.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How can you blame hause for mings fault yesterday? Mings has been fraefful for a while. He looks like he doenst care and accepted we are down.

Nice guy but ashit defender that really doesnt care. He looks like he is absolutely not interested and just wants season to end.

I’d probably have to agree with a lot of this. Mings has been wearing the look of someone who isn’t too fussed either way, the sort of demeanour that says, “I’m alright whatever happens”. Ditto Grealish. Douglas Luiz has made the pair of them look amateur in comparison.

• Like 1

Just now, OxfordVillan said:

I’d probably have to agree with a lot of this. Mings has been wearing the look of someone who isn’t too fussed either way, the sort of demeanour that says, “I’m alright whatever happens”. Ditto Grealish. Douglas Luiz has made the pair of them look amateur in comparison.

Yep. Luiz for me has been a example of a true player i want at this club. Mings and grealish not ingerested so let them go.

Villa is bigger than both of them. I wont cry for either one as the lack of effort just angers us

Â