Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's needed a bit of a rocket up his bum since his England call up - he's the big alpha and I get that feeling that sometimes his ego tells him he doesn't need to try - this'll be a great help in reminding him that he does and 5-0 up with a few minutes to go is the perfect time to learn a lesson.

Delete wrong post :)

Edited by MikeMcKenna

The goal was a dodgy one from both him and Heaton (who could have reacted a bit quicker and been more convincing when he actually did) but I thought he was brilliant otherwise. Numerous blocks and clearances - the same things which were being cited as reasons he was great a few games ago. Not understanding the criticism outside of the goal. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Indigo said:

The goal was a dodgy one from both him and Heaton (who could have reacted a bit quicker and been more convincing when he actually did) but I thought he was brilliant otherwise. Numerous blocks and clearances - the same things which were being cited as reasons he was great a few games ago. Not understanding the criticism outside of the goal. 

All Mings for me. That pass has to find Heaton. Way too short.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Getting shakier as time goes by. The partnership with Engles is not looking as strong as it once was and we were all over the place at the back in the first 20-30 minutes.

I'm a big fan of Konsa and I think he will be in the side soon, not saying for Mings, perhaps Engles (and more likely Engles). 

Konsa will be fine i think if we need him to start. Villa fans going into meltdown thinking he's not ready. Played over 100 league games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Konsa will be fine i think if we need him to start. Villa fans going into meltdown thinking he's not ready. Played over 100 league games.

Konsa is ready. He's very good.

• Like 3

Apart from the obvious howler he had a good game defensively, but I wish he'd cut out those hollywood balls.. gives away possession far too often trying to find a long pass. Baker used to get labelled a hoofer for the exact same "passes".

• Like 2

Played well today but yet another sloppy bit of play punished.  Fortunately it made next to no difference today, but he just HAS to cut the sloppy play out. 

• Like 1

First half he was great, blocked and headed away everything. Those series of blocks when he was on the floor and trying not to concede a handball was brilliant. Easy to get forgot those kinds of moments when he's made an error to take the gloss off a decent win. Needs to maybe stop overplaying it at times, but apart from that he's our number 1 centre back. 

• Like 3

He’s been great for us since he came. He’s  made the odd mistake of late and I’m sure he’d be the first to admit that he’s still learning at this level. The player that never makes mistakes doesn’t exist and if there are a few that come close they cost considerably more than £20m. 

We need to be supportive of all our players, particularly when they are going through a bad patch. Which all of them will at some point. 

• Like 4

Despite the gaffe in the end, I think Mings played an excellent match. Time and time again he stood in the way when Norwich attempted shots, and not just last ditch clearances, mostly he simply seemed to read the game well enough to be at the right spot. As much as I recognize the danger of getting full of himself, he gets a thumbs up from me. Also, I bet he will learn from the mistake.

• Like 3

He was good overall yesterday, that goal was a comedy of errors all round though. McGinn played a hospital pass, Mings messed up the back pass volley and Heaton I can only imagine lost the ball in the sun hence his hesitation. If Heaton had seen that all the way he'd clear it easily

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Can’t believe the negativity, he was outstanding yesterday. He was absolutely everywhere. He went to sleep with a few minutes left 5-0 up. It happens. He had a great game otherwise 

He was very very good, but I think what people are saying is that his mistake was coming and we all knew it. Der Kaiser comment earlier in this thread was spot on. 

But he's been fantastic this season and yesterday, so it's more a case constructive criticism. 

What was the little bang with Heaton all about after the Norwich goal? Not only the poor pass back to the keeper he also didn’t make much effort to tidy it up.

Is his ego a bit out of control? First his public row with El Ghazi then this with Tom.

I agree on the whole he was superb yesterday, just couple of little worry beads edging in.

Â