Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My first match was against Man City at home in April 96, so I don’t really remember him but for me, Mings is the modern day equivalent. Yes, he should’ve put the ball out of play but every defender makes mistakes, name me one that hasn’t 

NICKY SHOREY 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My first match was against Man City at home in April 96, so I don’t really remember him but for me, Mings is the modern day equivalent. Yes, he should’ve put the ball out of play but every defender makes mistakes, name me one that hasn’t 

You could count McGrath's mistakes on one hand. That's why he's considered World class, because he rarely put a foot wrong and made defending look easy. 

Trust me, Mings is not the modern day equivalent. Not yet, anyway. 

18 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You could count McGrath's mistakes on one hand. That's why he's considered World class, because he rarely put a foot wrong and made defending look easy. 

Trust me, Mings is not the modern day equivalent. Not yet, anyway. 

Do you think he could be? I think he could 

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Jose Crespo, he was so good we never played him

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I've never been much of a fan of Tyrone's swagger but he was fine yesterday. Him and Engels are comfortable playing out as well, it makes a huge difference to us.

He started so many of our attacks. His passing and forward play was superb. We need that from him and Engels. All 3 goals we conceded came about as a result of us being progressive at the back. It shouldn't be leading to 3 goals in a game but I'd take the odd mistake in return for the massive difference it makes in our attacking play.

On 22/09/2019 at 19:37, poitier said:

Sorry, but it is 100% Mings fault. Give away the corner.

More a combination of faults. Mcginn gave guendouzi about a minute to line up the ball and didn't press. This was both his and smiths fault as he was clearly too tired to do it and should have been off but he still needs to press. Taylor dropped deep playing Chambers onside before the ball was played and mings had a shit header which gave an easy chance. Taylor maybe should have reacted but it was a crap header. 

2 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

So we’re laying in to Mings now? The guys been a nothing but a colossus for us since joining and leads the league for blocks, but when he makes his first couple of errors in a Villa shirt these past couple of games suddenly he and the 7 million pound Belgian masterstroke we’ve been praising all season aren’t premier league class? 

I love this forum.

Totally agree. He was in the last England squad ffs!

13 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

So we’re laying in to Mings now? The guys been a nothing but a colossus for us since joining and leads the league for blocks, but when he makes his first couple of errors in a Villa shirt these past couple of games suddenly he and the 7 million pound Belgian masterstroke we’ve been praising all season aren’t premier league class? 

I love this forum.

As I said after the Arsenal match, he is too slow on the ball and he is nonchalant. The effects have been seen in the last three matches: He plays his team mates into troubles and this invites our opponents into the game and they put so much pressure on us that we concede.

And he is hardly a proven PL defender. He had a great season with us last year, but he was not good enough for Bornemouth. I think the key to our survival lies in our two CBs and our defensive midfielder.

Will of course give him some more time, but I fear the times when he will face the good strikers.

Edited by DeepDish

Â