Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

When we're having to defend so much that means mistakes are more likely to happen.

Exactly. It’s quite obvious the team 'shit the bed' and dropped too deep too soon. Might be alright to do that last ten to fifteen minutes to try and see a game out but against Arsenal in their own back yard it was always gonna come. 

As Smith said, ten minutes into the second half we drop deep. There was too long of the game still to play. WE as a team invited pressure. Chances are when that happens a mistake or two will be made and they were. We as a team need to learn from today.

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Was so garbage for that second goal. Why he just didn't hoof it out the box I will never know.

Weirdly he has played avergae or below average since the england call up, wonder if he is believing his own hype a little? (The intricate header to Taylor).

Don't get me wrong he's a great player and a leader, but I think a couple of times he has over played it like today, he will learn from that mistake  I'm sure.

I mean damn, playing a cushioned header to TAYLOR on the edge of the 6 yard box and not expecting a disaster, I want some of what he is smoking :), Mings needs to look in the mirror and give himself an El Ghazi taking to.....

Edited by MaVilla

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Weirdly he has played avergae or below average since the england call up, wonder if he is believing his own hype a little? (The intricate header to Taylor).

Don't get me wrong he's a great player and a leader, but I think a couple of times he has over played it like today, he will learn from that mistake  I'm sure.

I mean damn, playing a cushioned header to TAYLOR on the edge of the 6 yard box and not expecting a disaster, I want some of what he is smoking :), Mings needs to look in the mirror and give himself an El Ghazi taking to.....

What else could he have done apart from that cushioned header though? It was the placement of it which was poor.

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What else could he have done apart from that cushioned header though? It was the placement of it which was poor.

U wot m8? :)

header it out for a corner or possibly a throw in.....anything but at Taylor on the edge of the 6 yard box with Taylor under pressure.......

like giving a stick of dynamite to an armless and legless man.....

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Absolutely anything else. Good into space, put out for s throw it corner. Shocking a nd rubbish defending from mings here and he cost us big time. 

There's still some backhanded jibes being directed at Taylor in the last page or two, like any professional would have anticipated a cushioned header, almost within the 6 yard box, whilst under pressure :lol:  

For all Taylor's faults (which start and end with attacking play), he had absolutely nothing to do with that goal.

I'm confident enough to predict Tyrone won't make that mistake again (at least for a good while). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

There's still some backhanded jibes being directed at Taylor in the last page or two, like any professional would have anticipated a cushioned header, almost within the 6 yard box, whilst under pressure :lol:  

For all Taylor's faults (which start and end with attacking play), he had absolutely nothing to do with that goal.

I'm confident enough to predict Tyrone won't make that mistake again (at least for a good while). 

To me his positioning was poor in the play just prior to it, Chambers got in at the back post and Taylor was that bit too narrow and totally unaware of what was behind him, poor positioning for me.

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

To me his positioning was poor in the play just prior to it, Chambers got in at the back post and Taylor was that bit too narrow and totally unaware of what was behind him, poor positioning for me.

You're absolutely right.  The switch in the first place, Taylor was too narrow.  If he's on the man, or at least within 5 yards, I don't think that pass gets played. 

However, once it came in, I still think the moment Tyrone cushions the header, Taylor is then out of the equation. 

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

He should have put the ball out of play. How many times did McGrath do that in a similar position ? That's what made him the World class defender, he was. Always cool under pressure . 

My first match was against Man City at home in April 96, so I don’t really remember him but for me, Mings is the modern day equivalent. Yes, he should’ve put the ball out of play but every defender makes mistakes, name me one that hasn’t 

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My first match was against Man City at home in April 96, so I don’t really remember him but for me, Mings is the modern day equivalent. Yes, he should’ve put the ball out of play but every defender makes mistakes, name me one that hasn’t 

Maldini, Nesta and Cannavaro.

Even if they made mistakes they were so elegant that they counts as fashion or works of art rather than mistakes. :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Maldini, Nesta and Cannavaro.

Even if they made mistakes they were so elegant that they counts as fashion or works of art rather than mistakes. :D

I think even they made mistakes, great defenders they were but I don’t think there’s a defender in the history of the game that hasn’t made a mistake 

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Moments like yesterday are when Tyrone's "relaxed and over confident swag play" become a problem.

He’ll learn when to play out from the back and when to just hoof it, it comes with experience and knowhow. He’ll make mistakes but he’ll bounce back, he’s strong mentally 

Â