Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Crazy. 5th most expensive English defender behind Stones, Walker, Wan-Bissaka and Ferdinand.

I prefer to think of it as for the price of Wan-Bissaka, who has had one year in the Premier League, we could have got 2 and a half Tyrone Mings’. 

• Like 1

If he had gone to man u for £20m how would all feel about that ? I think he would do well there and cement a place in the England squad. 

It's as much his character as it is his physical ability , he's a winner and pushes those around him to give everything . 

My only fear is if we don't build a balanced  squad that's capable of competing in the premier League then he may become frustrated and this may compromise his decision making. He needs a partner at the back who has ability and can stay fit. At the moment we don't have this player or a squad that can compete , we have some big holes to fill .

• Like 1

People should also remember that we are amongst the few who have actually done business so far. Wait til the big boys get started. I doubt Mings transfer will be within the top 5 even for defenders this year. Maguire for £85 Million. 

Maguire. Eighty. Five. Freaking. Million.

• Like 2

Strange there is no sign of the official website announcing it. Big signing for the supporters they are well aware. Makes me think Sky Sports (understands) have jumped the gun...

1 minute ago, Killeen30 said:

Strange there is no sign of the official website announcing it. Big signing for the supporters they are well aware. Makes me think Sky Sports (understands) have jumped the gun...

He could fail his medical....

10 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

They will wait for the time where most people will click on the website. So probs 5ish.

16 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

there are already sneaky videos around of him having photos taken with the shirt...they're just going through the various interviews etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not gonna do a medical. The club are sufficiently happy with his fitness apparently.

I'm worried about that.

I'd hope we'd, at least, look into that ladder that he swallowed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Darren bent has been a bit critical of him saying we shouldn't rely on mings as he wasn't all that great pl for Bournemouth 

Well Darren bent definitely wasn't worth the 18m we paid for him, so he can crawl back under his rock 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

nah i'm not having that. yeah it was persistent, and bloody annoying, but do you honestly think that purslow, smith etc really were like "guys we need to get this done asap...the fans are desperate...look at all these 'announce mings' tweets...just pay them what they want".

fees are getting outrageous, look at wan bissaka. teams look at deals like that and price up accordingly

Ha No of course not, Ok I may have over exaggerated but with a few million..😆 And I don’t mean from our perspective either, I agree it would have no bearing on what we would have paid, however Like I mentioned before, Bournemouth know how important that signing mings is to us and I wouldnt be surprised if fans behaving like some did added to that importance in their eyes. 

It’s hypothetical,  but If we wasn’t interested after the loan spell and another club came in for him I truly believe that the price would be no where near what we paid. 

Edited by Jimmyg

6 minutes ago, Jimmyg said:

Ha No of course not, Ok I may have over exaggerated but with a few million..😆 And I don’t mean from our perspective either, I agree it would have no bearing on what we would have paid, however Like I mentioned before, Bournemouth know how important that signing mings is to us and I wouldnt be surprised if fans behaving like some did added to that importance in their eyes. 

It’s hypothetical,  but If we wasn’t interested after the loan spell and another club came in for him I truly believe that the price would be no where near what we paid. 

it probably would have been less yeah, but still think they'd have demanded 15m absolute minimum. he's in his prime, time left on this deal, seemingly good fitness, and a successful loan spell with a good championship club that lead to their promotion. eddie might have sat him down and cleared the air had we not come in with a bid. ake is probably leaving, so there's a good chance of some game time if someone hadn't matched the asking price, so i do think they were in a position to hold teams to ransom over his fee. we were just willing to pay a premium on the basis that we have a fan favorite that can come in already knowing the players, coaches etc, which to be honest is easily worth 5m

Â