Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Mings has just given by far the most impressive first interview I've ever seen. Intelligent, articulate, sensitive, humble. Blown away by the guy, you can tell already that he's going to be an amazing character in the dressing room. I've got a feeling that he will be one hell of a singing. 

I hope his injuries are behind him and if so that he’s with us longer than 5/6 months.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

13 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Just posting my opinion or is that not allowed now?

Post on poster has never been because it's a conversation derailer and starts shit fights. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

His interview  displays an incredibly impressive young man. Really hope his luck changes because it seems like he really deserves to succeed. Love having characters like this at the club. Reminded me of two impressive characters from the past, Southgate and big Ugo God bless his soul.

• Like 2

Him and us deserve a change in fortune. Hopefully we can achieve this together.

Or more likely, he'll set the world on fire during his loan spell. We'll sign him on a 4 year deal only for him to get crocked in pre-season. :P

• Haha 1

Hopefully be a great signing. Think he may have only had two big injuries in totally different areas which doesn’t particularly make him injury prone. I believe he has been fit for quite a while as well so nothing recent.

even though Smith said he’s primarily a Cb I’m sure it will only take him about 5 seconds to realise he’s a better left back than Taylor.

4 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Mings has just given by far the most impressive first interview I've ever seen. Intelligent, articulate, sensitive, humble. Blown away by the guy, you can tell already that he's going to be an amazing character in the dressing room. I've got a feeling that he will be one hell of a signing. 

He sounds as though he's ready to go on a takedown spree, like he's a mastermind of evil, making plans towards dishing pain out on anyone that invades his space.

I would say I feel sorry for any opposition who fall victim to his brutality but I'd be lieing. Seriously though I'm sure he is going to work out well and plug a gap that's been leaking way to much.

10 hours ago, Herman22 said:

If he has been brought in to play left side of centre back it's a bit worrying. I think we could see Elphick and Mings play at CB with Chester dropping out. Ming is quick and Elphick is good in the air. 

I still worry about us at left and right back. Taylor and Hutton are just so poor. I'm surprised Bree is leaving. I'd prefer him over Hutton. 

Mings and Elphick could be a good partnership. They must know each orher well from their time at Bournemouth. I wonder if they have played many games together.

When Axel recovers one of him, Chester or Mings could get moved to fullback. It’s not their best position but it’s better than having Taylor or Hutton there

17 minutes ago, NZV said:

Mings and Elphick could be a good partnership. They must know each orher well from their time at Bournemouth. I wonder if they have played many games together.

When Axel recovers one of him, Chester or Mings could get moved to fullback. It’s not their best position but it’s better than having Taylor or Hutton there

They were at Bournemouth together for one season. Mings only played two games that season and Elphick only featured in one of them. In that one game, Mings came off the bench at halftime and twelve minutes later tore his knee ligament. So they didn't get much time to develop a relationship on the pitch. Hopefully they can forge one here for the rest of the season.

12 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Mings has just given by far the most impressive first interview I've ever seen. Intelligent, articulate, sensitive, humble. Blown away by the guy, you can tell already that he's going to be an amazing character in the dressing room. I've got a feeling that he will be one hell of a signing. 

Refreshing for a footballer it has to be said, most of them are up their own arses and more concerned with their Instagram. Perhaps all the time Mings spent on the sidelines helped him evolve as a person, clearly he put that time to good use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Refreshing for a footballer it has to be said, most of them are up their own arses and more concerned with their Instagram. Perhaps all the time Mings spent on the sidelines helped him evolve as a person, clearly he put that time to good use.

From Wikipedia he seems to do a lot for charity and runs an interior design company as well in Bournemouth

So the opposite of Joleon Lescott

At full strength he will be our left back

Mings Axel Chester Elmo

Even though Elmo had a horrid last few games. He was alot better at rb then Hutton is. He at least got like 5 assists this season. 

Other option is playing Chester or Axel at RB and Elphick starting.

1 hour ago, KSV said:

At full strength he will be our left back

Mings Axel Chester Elmo

Even though Elmo had a horrid last few games. He was alot better at rb then Hutton is. He at least got like 5 assists this season. 

Other option is playing Chester or Axel at RB and Elphick starting.

Maybe because they are more suited to roles as wing backs rather than full backs.

On 01/02/2019 at 02:13, Hornso said:

They were at Bournemouth together for one season. Mings only played two games that season and Elphick only featured in one of them. In that one game, Mings came off the bench at halftime and twelve minutes later tore his knee ligament. So they didn't get much time to develop a relationship on the pitch. Hopefully they can forge one here for the rest of the season.

Oh I don’t know... I’m pretty sure plenty of players get written off at VP after 12 minutes so surely enough time to forge a solid pairing? 🤣

It's certainly a heart warming story from the destitution and poverty of mortgage advisor to the riches of professional football. 

At least he shouldn't have some bloodsucking hanger on offering him a mortgage on his country mansion at hugely unfavourable rates. 

His knee ligament damage was a good few years ago now so hopefully should be fully healed now with no recurrence. Back injury is more recent and obviously a completely different part of the body. Backs are very complicated though so let's hope his back injury is behind him now 😁

On 01/02/2019 at 02:13, Hornso said:

Thanks. Was just about to say the same. The dynamic on here is moving rapidly towards Mings being the greatest signing ever but it’s not based on much recent evidence of him actually playing football.

It is really very moving that, after so many years of disappointment and failure, both by the team and by individual signings, Villa fans can still show so much hope and optimism.

Let’s hope it comes good this time.

• Like 1

Â