Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Could this "matching clause" mean that we haven't been able to agree a price with Bournemouth for an option to buy and we will be given the option to match any bid that they would otherwise accept for the player in the summer and by doing so will exercise our option to buy?

40 minutes ago, limvillian said:

Matt Kendrick claims Mimgs is coming in as a CB rather than a LB , to take over from the injured Chester. Going straight into Saturdays squad.So we'd go into Reading with Elphick and Mings as a partnership. 

Doesn't bode well for Hause then - whom was brought for exactly the same reason.

36 minutes ago, John said:

Could this "matching clause" mean that we haven't been able to agree a price with Bournemouth for an option to buy and we will be given the option to match any bid that they would otherwise accept for the player in the summer and by doing so will exercise our option to buy?

It means they don't want to agree anything in case he has a good season. So basically we get another clubs player fit again and get no benefits.
We are getting done yet again.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, sne said:

Makes sense since he started out as a LB but since his injuries has mostly been used as a CB.

I read a comment on a forum that said it was 3 years since he played LB :D That's probably not 100% accurate, but he is mainly a CB now.

Bournemouth has used him as CB in his cameos this season when they switched to a 5 man defense, and once as a straight swap for Ake in a back 4.

a 6ft 5, 80 kilos guy who's already had serious knee injury and a back injury will not have the body to keep bombing up the field as a LB. At least not if he want's to have a long career.

Hope he is used as a CB here as well, not sure where that leaves Hause thou.

At home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Makes sense since he started out as a LB but since his injuries has mostly been used as a CB.

I read a comment on a forum that said it was 3 years since he played LB :D That's probably not 100% accurate, but he is mainly a CB now.

Bournemouth has used him as CB in his cameos this season when they switched to a 5 man defense, and once as a straight swap for Ake in a back 4.

a 6ft 5, 80 kilos guy who's already had serious knee injury and a back injury will not have the body to keep bombing up the field as a LB. At least not if he want's to have a long career.

Hope he is used as a CB here as well, not sure where that leaves Hause thou.

Micah Richards said pretty much the same when he signed in regards to playing right back.

:trollface:

Someone called Alex Crook (sp?) On TS just said this is being held up because we are seeking clarification from championship regarding a so called "matching clause" that we have insisted on. 

Which will apparently let us match and sign him for any bid that comes in from elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, John said:

The deal includes a "matching option" clause which means Villa will be able to match any offer that comes in to buy him in the summer.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It means they don't want to agree anything in case he has a good season. So basically we get another clubs player fit again and get no benefits.
We are getting done yet again.

I agree that it certainly looks that way. Best though to wait and get confirmation of the deal.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

The deal includes a "matching option" clause which means Villa will be able to match any offer that comes in to buy him in the summer.

Is there a time limit on this? Otherwise we could end up waiting until the last day of the summer window, while Bournemouth offer him to every man and his dog. Can’t see any benefit to us at all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Is there a time limit on this? Otherwise we could end up waiting until the last day of the summer window, while Bournemouth offer him to every man and his dog. Can’t see any benefit to us at all. 

I think its just as it is. If somebody bids on 1st July and Bournemouth accept then we can bid too. Plus only an offer so he doesnt have to join us and we would know about this before we bid

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

On the face of it nor can I, other than they will let us know what they have been offered before selling him to give us the option of matching it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its just as it is. If somebody bids on 1st July and Bournemouth accept then we can bid too. Plus only an offer so he doesnt have to join us and we would know about this before we bid

So basically just keeping us in the loop?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I prefer an agreed option to buy in the summer. Otherwise, as Rodders says, we are just (possibly) getting him fit and sending him back to them.

I am not sure he is that good that we should be taking a chance on him anyway, if we cannot agree terms favourable to us. 

Â