Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Think we should put Chester at rb when fit andhave a defence of:

Chester---Tuanzebe---Mings---Hause

Sorts out our 'small' defence issues 🤣

I could imagine Martin O'Neill doing this but I can't see Smith. Chester's not exactly the most mobile player at this stage of his career - he's not going to be bombing up the wing and putting crosses in.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

This thread  is strangely quiet, how was he today for anyone that saw the match?

He was good. I liked it when he gave some crap to our other players on the first half since they were being plain lazy.

He brings up the ball for us often too, which shows he has ample skill for a CB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

This thread  is strangely quiet, how was he today for anyone that saw the match?

A few misplaced passes, but aside from that his usual strong and imposing self.

Also made a few positive drives forward and almost scored.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He was good. I liked it when he gave some crap to our other players on the first half since they were being plain lazy.

It's a familiar story at Aston Villa. A loan player giving more of a shit than permanent players who've been happy to take a salary but don't feel the need to put the graft in. 

I suspect if we sell grealish Mings would be the first player we would sign. I think he will go for decent fee too. Can't see him going for a expensive fee tbh. 

I like how he gets angry at the team when they ain't doing their jobs properly. He is nasty too I like that and I think w eneed that. 

I'm calling it now though getss sent off at the sty

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Hope we can make his signing permanent, and maybe bring back Axel for a third time. I would love to see those 2 play together.

Be our best pairing for me, they both can bring it out and pick a pass and they are both mobile and know how to defend. Signing them both would be incredible.

• Like 2

Keeps impressing me. Had a great first game, he's been consistent since. Amazingly he keeps growing for every game, maybe not in terms of performance. But in leadership and stature on the field.

Players hanging with their head, he shows them love and encourages. Players not being focused, lazy, he gives them a earful. 

And the way he takes responsibility to make something happen when no one else does. Isn't anyone available for the ball? He brings it out. Gives the team momentum.

Cracking player. I'd be surprised if we get to keep him.  It's exactly the kind of personality we need in the spine of our team. He's been galvanizing us into a team since he got here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, romavillan said:

Be our best pairing for me, they both can bring it out and pick a pass and they are both mobile and know how to defend. Signing them both would be incredible.

I think we would need to be promoted for that to happen, very unlikely but let’s see

7 hours ago, Skruff said:

Keeps impressing me. Had a great first game, he's been consistent since. Amazingly he keeps growing for every game, maybe not in terms of performance. But in leadership and stature on the field.

Players hanging with their head, he shows them love and encourages. Players not being focused, lazy, he gives them a earful. 

And the way he takes responsibility to make something happen when no one else does. Isn't anyone available for the ball? He brings it out. Gives the team momentum.

Cracking player. I'd be surprised if we get to keep him.  It's exactly the kind of personality we need in the spine of our team. He's been galvanizing us into a team since he got here. 

He looks a decent player, but then he was at fault for the goal yesterday, as he lost his man in the box.  He didn't get close enough to his attacker to stop the header against WBA, and he got turned inside out for the Brentford winner.  3 out of the last 4 goals we've conceded have at least been partly down to him no defending properly.  

6 minutes ago, Risso said:

He looks a decent player, but then he was at fault for the goal yesterday, as he lost his man in the box.  He didn't get close enough to his attacker to stop the header against WBA, and he got turned inside out for the Brentford winner.  3 out of the last 4 goals we've conceded have at least been partly down to him no defending properly.  

I think this is unfair, he’s been our best player since he joined the football club in my opinion 

Â