Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

VILLA AGREE MINGS TERMS

Aston Villa have agreed terms with Bournemouth over a loan deal for Tyrone MingsSky Sports News understands. 

It includes a “matching option” clause which means that Villa will be able to match any offer that comes in to buy him in the summer. He has completed his medical, and only the finer points of the contract are still to be concluded.

That's according to Skysports...

Edited by villa89

35 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Never knowingly seen this guy in action so this is a question born purely out of lack of knowledge:

On what basis are people saying he is good?

He’s only played a handful of matches over the past 4 seasons and in the 5 games he played for Bournemouth in December, their defence conceded 14 goals. Seems unlikely that he can have shown up very well in that phase?

Yeah, as has been said it would appear he only played a full 90 once in that run of games, the rest of his appearances in that run roughly add up to 45 minutes.

No idea if he’s any good. From what I understand he was very good at Ipswich in a left back role, and it sounds like he was converted to a centre half? Since being at Bournemouth he’s had no luck with injuries which is a massive concern.

His battle with Zlatan being the most high profile incident while he was there. 

Hopefully he’s over that and ready to play with a point to prove.

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It includes a “matching option” clause which means that Villa will be able to match any offer that comes in to buy him in the summer.

What does that even mean?  If you want to match an offer you can just, erm, match it.

• Like 1

Presumably means if Bournemouth have a bid from elsewhere, they have to offer us the option to bid for the same amount. A bit like having first refusal I guess.

As for Mings himself. I can't help thinking he's going to be injured a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

If it's an option to buy in the summer maybe the 1m loan price (reported) comes off the purchase. e.g. we don't buy him they get a mil, covers them. If we do buy him for say 5m, we pay 4 due to the 1m loan fee?

Articulated like a true FM pro! Can you be my director of football please 🙏

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What does that even mean?  If you want to match an offer you can just, erm, match it.

I wonder if it means that we can match an offer from another club including the loan fee we have already paid. So if Club X offers £5m we would have to pay £4m (As we already paid £1m loan fee) and then our £4m bid would be accepted. 

But I am just guessing...

I have never heard the term 'matching option' used in football.

With the whole spiel about not taking loans without an option to buy I don't see why we'd agree to anything where Bournemouth still dictate if and how much we can buy him for, there's no advantage there.

This deal especially where the guy has serious injury concerns, but if he plays every game for us will inflate his price just by proving his body isn't made of glass.

If he comes or not or is a success or not at least it shows they have correctly identified our problem and are trying to fix it which is more that I have felt from those in charge in years gone by. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

If he comes or not or is a success or not at least it shows they have correctly identified our problem and are trying to fix it which is more that I have felt from those in charge in years gone by. 

Tbf over the last decade we've probably signed about 47 left backs, it's just none of them have been any good 

30 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Wtf is a 'matching offer'? What if no one offers anything?

I would assume it means it gives us priority.

So if Derby offer £5m for him in the summer, we get first dibs but we have to match their offer.

I guess it's the same as an option to buy, but it allows the selling club to not set a fee at this stage.

Edit: too slow. Yeah I'd basically assume it meant what you've said in your post just before this one.

Edited by Stevo985

Â