Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, villaglint said:

My work colleague reckons he's guilty and I see it the other way. Might be a bit of a blue dress syndrome this one. 

Did you colleague hear Laurel?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

10 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Players get banned for high foot challenges when it’s not intentional.

i don’t want him to be banned but realistically speaking I would not be surprised.

That's because the action is fundamentally dangerous. Running generally is not. 

• Like 1

I think it's a bit of both - an instant retaliatory little kick out with no thought put into it, but because of angle and weight of Mings has led to an unintentional serious facial injury. His concern for the player was genuine, but more of an 'Oh sh*t I didn't mean to do that' when he saw the blood spurting out...

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Here’s the video in real time. Difficult to say whether it’s intentional. Mings reaction afterwards makes me sway towards it being an accident. 

I've now watched this back in real time and it's 100% an accident.

Oliveira literally falls under Mings as runs over him. There's no chance it was premeditated stamp.

His reaction after looks to be completely genuine as well. From the referee's position I would doubt a ban will be incurred.

Slow motion makes things look a lot different. It's almost like where a player is accused of diving after a slight touch, when you look back and the player has been running at full pelt a slight touch is all it can take to knock them off their balance.

• Like 3

The retrospective anger and demand for punishment is farcical.

If you watch the incident in real time Mings forward momentum immediately took him over Oliveira as the player went down backwards and was still stretching out prone. Mings is a big unit and to suggest that he could and should have avoided contact with a moving body (in a split second) is rubbish. The rest was just plain bad luck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I did the same, then I watched it in real time a few times too.

What it made me realise was that it happened in REAL time and slow mo makes everything look worse.

In the real time incident it literally looks like a normal passage of play with an unfortunate accident.

When I was watching it live there seemed little in it until Mings indicated to the sideline and ref there was some urgency in getting medics on. Obviously, slo-mo can tell a very different story - and I haven't watched it - but I saw what the ref saw. Nothing untoward. Tellingly, if it was deliberate, there was remarkably little furore kicked up by his teammates for such a heinous assault bearing in mind that players see any fouls from pretty close quarters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Here’s the video in real time. Difficult to say whether it’s intentional. Mings reaction afterwards makes me sway towards it being an accident. 

That looks accidental to me. And officials and opposition players would seem to agree.

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

referencing a prior incident is 100% valid IMO. suarez vs chiellini looked quite innocuous at the time, but the fact that he had done it at least twice prior shows that he had it in him to do it again. i put a stamp in the same category...it's a cowardly, gutless act and takes a certain type of player to perform. he could have blinded him. the fact that he alerted the ref and checked he was OK is just a double bluff for me.

when a player deliberately tries to seriously injure an opponent, i'll call them out on it, whether they're wearing a villa shirt or not...nevertheless, he's not 'our own' anyway, he's bournemouths...and their fans say he's an arsehole too

It depends on the incident, are you referencing the biting from Suarez? Cos if so, irrespective of whether it's happened before it can't possibly be an accident, barring a seriously unfortunate series of events there's no way you can ever find another person between your teeth and then say it was unintentional. 

In the passage of play they were tussling for the ball, you can see Mings is off balance, I do not think it was intentional and I think a lot of people are looking very silly sat up on their high horses right now. 

• Like 1

FA have said no further action.

Think he's lucky, accident or not given the video looks a bit ropey at best (Honestly looks deliberate to me) Ref was right next to it though and no complaints from anyone at the time would seem to indicate that nobody even thought anything malicious may have happened

Edited by LakotaDakota

10 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

FA have said no further action.

Think he's lucky, accident or not given the video looks a bit ropey at best (Honestly looks deliberate to me) Ref was right next to it though and no complaints from anyone at the time would seem to indicate that nobody even thought anything malicious may have happened

cant find that FA statement, where is it mate?

FWIW, I've watched it a few times and I'm not sure it's an accident. I think he intends to 'leave one on him'.
I dont think he intended to do the damage he did but for me, he can avoid that. Looks as though I'm in the minority here!

Regardless of the incident. He's exactly what we need at the back, a big, mean motherf***** who isn't afraid to leave his mark on people.
I wouldn't exactly be worried as an opposition striker facing Elphick and Chester, knowing I can probably do them in the air and for pace. At least with Mings, noone will want to go near him.

Here, here. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

FWIW, I've watched it a few times and I'm not sure it's an accident. I think he intends to 'leave one on him'.
I dont think he intended to do the damage he did but for me, he can avoid that. Looks as though I'm in the minority here!

Regardless of the incident. He's exactly what we need at the back, a big, mean motherf***** who isn't afraid to leave his mark on people.
I wouldn't exactly be worried as an opposition striker facing Elphick and Chester, knowing I can probably do them in the air and for pace. At least with Mings, noone will want to go near him.

Here, here. 

to be fair i dont think being a fighter/strong/getting in there is the same as stamping on someones face, i dont think anyone condones face stamping. (not saying he did or didnt, just saying i dont think being a hard nut while playing is the same as stamping on someones face - aka fighting like a tiger is one thing, stamping on a downed players face intentionally is cowardly and despicable)

But yes, a lot have said we need a strong, combative character and Mings does seem in that mold.

Edited by MaVilla

blatant attempted headbutt on our players foot. no place for it in football. animal

genuinely though, if you think that a professional footballer deliberately stomped on another players face whilst wearing studs, you must also assume that he is a raving violent psycho. Someone who would do that deliberately to someone else would have been locked up long ago imo

Â