Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I accept it’s not exactly concrete evidence to prove his innocence, but I would have thought if the Reading players felt that it was a deliberate stamp they might have been a bit more vocal towards Mings, confronting him or whatever. As it is, no one seems to approach him at all.

Maybe it’s great restraint on their part, but there doesn’t seem to be any anger towards Mings, just concern for the injured player.

They did push him away when he was trying to administer his own medical assistance.

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Well you’d better explain that to all sporting authorities who have introduced review systems based on slomo replays.

Maybe help improve their understanding of “basic physics and neuroscience”, eh?🤣

Well done on totally missing the point. Slow motion is great for offside decisions etc, it's also useful for cases of violent conduct, but obviously any serious analysis requires individuals to consider the factors that me and StefanAVFC have pointed out. Not sure why this concept is such a struggle for some and why people can't understand that slow motion introduces it's own problems if you do not consider physics and thinking time. The old cliche that slow motion 'makes things look worse' is actually a pretty useful one. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

They did push him away when he was trying to administer his own medical assistance.

It was hardly aggressive was it? It was just making sure the player and the medical staff had enough room.

I suppose if Mings hadn’t shown concern at all, he’d be criticised for that too.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It's a contact sport and shit happens.

I do not believe it was intentional and referencing a prior incident as some form of proof that it was intentional is tenuous at best.

When did we become so quick to turn on our own?

referencing a prior incident is 100% valid IMO. suarez vs chiellini looked quite innocuous at the time, but the fact that he had done it at least twice prior shows that he had it in him to do it again. i put a stamp in the same category...it's a cowardly, gutless act and takes a certain type of player to perform. he could have blinded him. the fact that he alerted the ref and checked he was OK is just a double bluff for me.

when a player deliberately tries to seriously injure an opponent, i'll call them out on it, whether they're wearing a villa shirt or not...nevertheless, he's not 'our own' anyway, he's bournemouths...and their fans say he's an arsehole too

21 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Here’s the video in real time. Difficult to say whether it’s intentional. Mings reaction afterwards makes me sway towards it being an accident. 

Thats it for me and also the fact no Reading players are in his face, professional footballers know when somebody has done a team mate. None even went to crazy at the ref demanding a card

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I did the same, then I watched it in real time a few times too.

What it made me realise was that it happened in REAL time and slow mo makes everything look worse.

In the real time incident it literally looks like a normal passage of play with an unfortunate accident.

I watched it in real time as well but it wasn't zoomed in so I could only see a tangle. 

Anyway, if he is the type to do that intentionally he'll be found out eventually, if he isn't then he wont. I still reckon there's not enough evidence for either argument to be sure of. 

His pervious stamp on Ibra can't be just dismissed as irrelevant but it also doesn't confirm guilt in this incident either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I would be very surprised  if he does not receive a ban. 

3 games minimum.

whether it was intentional or not it was still a dangerous act that caused damage to another footballer.

it would be crazy to ban for an accident. unintentional, cannot be given any kind of ban. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Well you’d better explain that to all sporting authorities who have introduced review systems based on slomo replays.

Maybe help improve their understanding of “basic physics and neuroscience”, eh?🤣

Come on. VAR was introduced in order to spot things that wasnt easy to spot, like a ball hitting a hand or a trip in the penalty area, it wasnt created to see if the action was intentinal or not, because in these situation its irrelevant.

• Like 1

I think this one was an accident, personally. The aftermath is too weird for it to have been a sly stamp (of course, you could argue he WOULD say it was an accident....).

Also, people saying he’s a hot head because of the Ibra incident need to revisit what happened that day. Ibra chucked Mings to the ground, then elbowed him in the head and THEN tried to stamp on him. As he missed, Mings immediately returned the favour to the top of Ibra’s head. Not saying it was right, of course, but Ibra could’ve been sent off three times in provoking him. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I would be very surprised  if he does not receive a ban. 

3 games minimum.

whether it was intentional or not it was still a dangerous act that caused damage to another footballer.

I don't think he'll be banned unless they rule it was deliberate.

Compare it with the Zlatan one. Even if that was an accident he was reckless and dangerous jumping over a player that was already on the floor. It deserved a ban even if it wasn't deliberate. I don't think the same applies here.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It's a contact sport and shit happens.

I do not believe it was intentional and referencing a prior incident as some form of proof that it was intentional is tenuous at best.

When did we become so quick to turn on our own?

Don’t think the truth of this matter can be decided on the basis that he’s “one of our own”. A stamp is a stamp whatever shirt you’re wearing.

In this case it is open to interpretation whether he meant it so I would expect him to go unpunished but the fact that it is a matter of fine judgement is worrying. 

If Mings says it was an accident then that should be the end of it. You cant prove intent in a situation like this and it won't classify as dangerous play as they were tussling together and his feet were in a normal position. I would be very surprised to see any punishment unless Mings does a 180 and confesses it was intentional.

15 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

If Mings says it was an accident then that should be the end of it. You cant prove intent in a situation like this and it won't classify as dangerous play as they were tussling together and his feet were in a normal position. I would be very surprised to see any punishment unless Mings does a 180 and confesses it was intentional.

Whatever happened and whatever will happen I'm pretty sure Mings wont come out and say: I stomped his punk ass face, or any other form of confession of guilt.

If he did he'd be suspender for months if not years, and he'd probably be prosecuted as well.

Â