Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If he was playing for Blues, Boggies, Dingles etc, I would be screaming at the FA to ban him forever etc etc.

Do you know what, intentional or not, f*** it, he's villa. We havent had anyone in our squad who is as hard as **** for years. If he helps our cause I don't really care.Sorry in advance to any snowflakes out there!

At least you’re honest. Hope I never get in to a scrap with you though. 

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's nothing 'hard' about standing on someone's head when they're defenceless on the ground. It's about as hard as knifing someone in the back.

I'm still not sure if it was deliberate or not, but this is a post to be ashamed of.

Yep, a post that reeks of Brexit unfortunately.

10 hours ago, BOF said:

**** off back to Bournemouth you scum bag. That's a deliberate stamp and you've done it before. I never want to see you wearing our shirt again. 

That's a bit of a over reaction. Looked like a horrible accident and Mings stopped playing straight away as he saw the injury. Don't see how anyone can think that wss 100% deliberate. Only Mings knows but it looked accidental to me as he was completely off balance 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Anger is the natural emotion created in a fight-or-flight situation by the physiology of your mind and body. When you sense a threat your mind generates fear and anger. The fear you generate is part of a flight response from your physiology. Kind of ironic then that right-wing nut jobs have such a strong fear of snowflakes!

42 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think some of you took what he said WAAAAYYY too literally.

I kind of know what he meant.

We have been a soft touch for way too long.

You need to realise alot of people watch football almost as if it is WWE Wrestling Entertainment.

They think it's a video game, it's the same reason why many approach the club as if it's Championship Manager re: Transfers and Management etc.

Don't think he LITERALLY is saluting people for trying to take peoples faces off on the pitch. lol

• Like 1

Please let’s not build a cult of worship around Mings because he stamps on on people’s  heads, meaning he’s “hard”. That would be a despicable reaction. 

It looked deliberate to me but it did happen very quickly so maybe he gets the benefit of the doubt this time. But if so he is very much on probation. We don’t want a stamper in the squad.

Seems to be there are only two viable reactions to this:

(a) GOOD: it was a clumsy error completely unintentional and he realised his mistake immediately and tried to put things right (rather ineptly - “awfully sorry”????)

(b ) BAD: it was intentional so he has no place  in our squad.

But nothing in scenario (b ) should ever be regarded as good or praiseworthy.

• Like 2

Jesus I just been reading the story, the mess on the players face is going to leave many a PLAYER worried.

Do not mess with Ming the merciless because that would make me think has the punisher been to work and is he jigsaw.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/04/reading-provide-nelson-oliveira-update-tyrone-mings-stamp-8433891/

I'm sorry but the championship is ruthless, maybe the officials should tone down the ones who are constant wind ups first or getting away with breaking the rules. Players get away with murder and we've often been left on the worst end of sides using the rules against us, now were bringing in players who know this league and basically don't give a crap like them. To beat this league were going to have to be a different kind of Villan.. 

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

That's a bit of a over reaction. Looked like a horrible accident and Mings stopped playing straight away as he saw the injury. Don't see how anyone can think that wss 100% deliberate. Only Mings knows but it looked accidental to me as he was completely off balance 

I disagree. It's Ibrahimovic all over again.  With the way he was moving, he would have had to make a deliberate move for his foot to come down where it did. It wasn't a natural movement. It was a deliberate stamp, and of course a guilty party will look all innocent after the event. He may even have genuinely regretted his actions. That doesn't change them though. He still deliberately did them at the time. He's a wrong 'un. But hey he played well and we need a centre back and he was wearing claret and blue so I guess all is fair :thumb:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

I disagree. It's Ibrahimovic all over again.  With the way he was moving, he would have had to make a deliberate move for his foot to come down where it did. It wasn't a natural movement. It was a deliberate stamp, and of course a guilty party will look all innocent after the event. He may even have genuinely regretted his actions. That doesn't change them though. He still deliberately did them at the time. He's a wrong 'un. But hey he played well and we need a centre back and he was wearing claret and blue so I guess all is fair :thumb:

Nope nothing to do with that at all. If. You read my posts I slated el ghazi for diving. 

Because he stamped ibra before some are automatically saying he is guilty. Silky logic really. It's looks accidental to me. Nothing  to do with being a villa player or not. 

I just watched the video replay again and it is very difficult to determine if it was intentional or not imo.

I'm leaning towards momentum (accidental).

People bring up that he had the incident with Ibra which is fair enough, but again, unless he has a consistent record of stamping on peoples heads on purpose I don't see how we can determine he is a serial stamper.

I'll bring up Neil Taylor again, do we now call him a nasty serial leg snapper because of the two incidents he has had?

It's a contact sport where things are often fiery and moving at the speed of light.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Some bizarre overreactions here, accidents happen in football, including nasty ones, this struck me as an accident, people really need to get over it. Lots of arm chair analysis based on slow motion replays which only serve to paint an unrealistic picture, he had probably less than a second to react, maybe he could have 'avoided' it but physical responses to things don't always work that way.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think some of you took what he said WAAAAYYY too literally.

I kind of know what he meant.

We have been a soft touch for way too long.

You need to realise alot of people watch football almost as if it is WWE Wrestling Entertainment.

They think it's a video game, it's the same reason why many approach the club as if it's Championship Manager re: Transfers and Management etc.

Don't think he LITERALLY is saluting people for trying to take peoples faces off on the pitch. lol

My post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek tbf. I wouldn't entertain an opinion like that as anything serious or worth commenting on otherwise. 

In any case, it's not bad to have players that other teams are scared of. It is bad to have players who have a penchant for ultra-violence! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nope nothing to do with that at all. If. You read my posts I slated el ghazi for diving. 

Because he stamped ibra before some are automatically saying he is guilty. Silky logic really. It's looks accidental to me. Nothing  to do with being a villa player or not. 

It's nothing to do with his previous. This incident is judged on its own merits. It's only afterwards you put the 2 together and it becomes a pattern. But I didn't come in here to change anyone's mind. I know better than to try.

• Haha 1

The FA are awaiting the ref's report apparently.  Have to say I'm far from impressed with Mings over this.  At the very least he could have done a lot more to avoid treading on the player.  If that had happened to Grealish or McGinn we'd be baying for blood.  The Reading player looks quite lucky he wasn't blinded.

• Like 2

a few bournemouth fans in my office have mentioned at least 1 other instance in addition to the ibra one where he put some fella out for 8 months in a pre season friendly. 'not wired right in the head' is their verdict on him and that if he isnt injured, he's suspended...they're not buying the instance on sat was accidental one bit

• Like 2

Â