Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Sadly, for me, i think he can avoid it. Theres too much downward pressure from that foot. Admittedly its only a split second, but i dont buy that youd be that unaware that the players face is below you. Sad stuff. Especially for a debut

I wonder, does the striker leave a flailing arm on him as they tangle, thus prompting it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It's so we have something to be disappointed about in the summer.

I don’t get the clause. If they accept a bid from another team why would they not accept the same bid from us regardless of a clause?

or does it mean we have the first refusal of a certain price and the only way another team can sign him is if they outbid us?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What is the point of a matching option clause?  

Am I missing something?

From what i hear, if (for example) Barcelona offer 5m for Mings, we would only have to offer 4m (as we already paid 1m loan fee), or something!??!!? (ie: if they accept a bid for 5m, we would be guaranteed to have a bid accepted for 4 million - as it matches the accepted bid taking in to account the loan fee??)

Basically no guarantee that we would get him?, which is pretty sad tbh as he looked the real deal vs Reading.

Nor even sure there is a guaranteed buy offer at the end of his loan?, maybe they could just recall him and say noooope?, no idea.

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Sadly, for me, i think he can avoid it. Theres too much downward pressure from that foot. Admittedly its only a split second, but i dont buy that youd be that unaware that the players face is below you. Sad stuff. Especially for a debut

I wonder, does the striker leave a flailing arm on him as they tangle, thus prompting it?

I have to agree. He seems to have a nasty steak to him it seems. I’m sure he regrets it though as doesn’t seem a malicious person. It’s probably just a moment of madness and hopefully it never happens again. 

He’s scarred the guy for life though. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

**** off back to Bournemouth you scum bag. That's a deliberate stamp and you've done it before. I never want to see you wearing our shirt again. 

I think I agree with this. Doesn’t look so accidental to me. He has previous. If the FA looks into this and. He’s found guilty he needs to go immediately back to Bournemouth.

Sure if he fits us then we will go out our way to have him. Can't see our owners, coaches or whoever has had input on this deal not coming out on top. I'd like to think we've learned since Tuanzebe and Abraham.

If he was playing for Blues, Boggies, Dingles etc, I would be screaming at the FA to ban him forever etc etc.

Do you know what, intentional or not, f*** it, he's villa. We havent had anyone in our squad who is as hard as **** for years. If he helps our cause I don't really care.Sorry in advance to any snowflakes out there!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Do you know what, intentional or not, f*** it, he's villa. We havent had anyone in our squad who is as hard as **** for years. If he helps our cause I don't really care.Sorry in advance to any snowflakes out there!

Stamping on someone's face on the ground isn't hard, it's the equivalent of glassing someone who isn't looking on a night out. Cowardly. 

Again, I hope it wasn't intentional. 

Mings was brilliant on Saturday, exactly the type of centre back we need in Tuanzebe's absence.

Unfortunately I think he will now receive a ban for the challenge on Oliviera. I don't think it was intentional to do it, and it was clearly not like the Ibra stamp, but he didn't make any effort to move his leg away from his face as he landed. Even when he looked down and saw him he still followed through with his full body weight. I hope he isn't banned, but it doesn't look great.

Blades should also be banned, this injury wouldn't be half as bad with studs.

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If he was playing for Blues, Boggies, Dingles etc, I would be screaming at the FA to ban him forever etc etc.

There's nothing 'hard' about standing on someone's head when they're defenceless on the ground. It's about as hard as knifing someone in the back.

I'm still not sure if it was deliberate or not, but this is a post to be ashamed of.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Â