Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It looks very nasty indeed.

Note to players: Don't stay on the floor if your opponent has Tyrone Mings in their squad, your heading for trouble.

Not saying I'd like a kick to the head for a single minute but cuts in that area mean that one bleeds profusely so it may look more horrific than it actually is. A doctor mate of mine once described the skin covering the scalp like tightly covering a ping pong ball with clingfilm and then piercing it. The split soon opens up and widens. 

Hopefully Mings will escape any punishment, especially after such a good debut.

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Not saying I'd like a kick to the head for a single minute but cuts in that area mean that one bleeds profusely so it may look more horrific than it actually is. A doctor mate of mine once described the skin covering the scalp like tightly covering a ping pong ball with clingfilm and then piercing it. The split soon opens up and widens. 

Hopefully Mings will escape any punishment, especially after such a good debut.

Never nice to see - our player or not, and like you say hopefully it doesn't mar a good debut.

The outrage I'm seeing from opposition fans about this is mental. They both bundled into each other and was an unfortunate accident, Mings instantly called the ref and got the game stopped and obviously looked quite concerned by it all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Mings instantly called the ref and got the game stopped and obviously looked quite concerned by it all. 

He certainly looks sorry after the fact. Shame he didn't put more effort in to actually avoiding it when he looked down before planting his foot.

He'd probably get the benefit of the doubt, if he hadn't already had a 5 game ban for stamping on a player's head...

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I have watched it a few times and can't say either way if it was intentional. I also think slow motion can make things like this appear something they are not.

There were no issues between the two players before this incident and it wasn't a dirty game.The only person who knows for definite is Mings himself and if he did do it intentionally he should seek help as you'd have to have a screw loose to intentionally stamp on another players head.

If it is deemed intentional given he has had a 5 game ban previously for a similar incident I'd expect double that this time at least.

Edited by markavfc40

I find it hard to believe someone can look at that and see anything but an accident. He’s tripping over, he can’t even use his other leg as it’s behind him.

One Twitter reply suggested he should hop! On what? His third leg perhaps?!

The only think he could’ve done, if a split second reaction even allowed it, is to put both legs behind and fall flat on top of the guy. And I’m not sure the opposition player would’ve come off any better being basically jumped on by such a unit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just saw the clip, looked accidental. Shame the word "stamped" is being spread around the web, making him look guilty.

Probably because of Ibra incident which was far worse. This looked accidental legs got tangled up but surely you would hope someone has the wherewithal to avoid standing on a players face? 

I think it's very wrong to compare this to the Ibrahimovic incident. If anything, the difference between the two incidents adds weight to the idea that this was an accident.

In the game with Ibrahimovic, Ibrahimovic picked Mings up and threw him onto the ground - should have been a red card, ignored by the referee - they were tangling all game - a ball came into the box and Ibrahimovic elbowed Mings in the face - an ugly one that could have caused real damage and a clear red card. We were at Old Trafford, the referee ignored it again. Then there's a tangle on the edge of the box, Ibra has a little go at Mings but falls and Mings in a pre-meditated and nasty way decided to kick his head as he ran past - what's noticeable about it is that he wanted to scrape down his head not stand on it.

This one, there's no build up, no nastiness, no argument, they've got in a tangle and he's stood on his face. It's the opposite of the first incident. There's no motivation for it, as an attempt to kick a man its clumsy and he's immediately looking to stop play and help out the other player once he realises it's happened.

They're nothing like alike and  for me the difference between the two incidents only highlights the likelihood that the motivation for them was completely different. 

If i were him I'd have the lawyers on the phone for articles with the word stamp in them.

• Like 4

**** off back to Bournemouth you scum bag. That's a deliberate stamp and you've done it before. I never want to see you wearing our shirt again. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

He's been involved in two head stamps already in less than 100 professional games, the Ibra one looks intentional at least which itself is hugely worrying regardless of the treatment he received during the match it's a deranged response if intentional . Its possible both were genuine accidents but I think he can't afford to be involved with anything like that again or his career is finished, he's on thin ice. 

1 minute ago, kiltorken said:

He's been involved in two head stamps already in less than 100 professional games, the Ibra one looks intentional at least which itself is hugely worrying regardless of the treatment he received during the match it's a deranged response if intentional . Its possible both were genuine accidents but I think he can't afford to be involved with anything like that again or his career is finished, he's on thin ice. 

the Zlatan one was clearly intentional (wrongly or rightly after a lot of provocation from him), the one vs Reading, i dont think its clear one way or the other tbh.

And if its not clear i kinda have to give the benefit of the doubt.

Â