Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

It's the Ronaldo syndrome. When he kills it, everyone applauds him. When he looks uninterested, he is a prick that does funny tricks.

It's the same with Mings. When he has poor games, his general attitude doesn't look well. 

He doesnt get lauded or praised though does he, it's written off as either unmentioned, or "well he was better today but"

Same with mcginn on a smaller level. 

They've both been supposed fan favourites since the days in the championship but actually more the biggest scapegoats 

20 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He doesnt get lauded or praised though does he, it's written off as either unmentioned, or "well he was better today but"

Same with mcginn on a smaller level. 

They've both been supposed fan favourites since the days in the championship but actually more the biggest scapegoats 

I'm not sure that's the case, we all called for him to play for England and couldnt believe what a bargain he was. It's just that recently, the negatives are more visible.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm not sure that's the case, we all called for him to play for England and could believe what a bargain he was. It's just that recently, the negatives are more visible.

Twitter and on here is absolutely toxic re: mings. 

I'm not totally blind to the fact he has played overall poorly this year but some of the stuff you read is absolute garbage

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Twitter and on here is absolutely toxic re: mings. 

I'm not totally blind to the fact he has played overall poorly this year but some of the stuff you read is absolute garbage

Mate, Twitter is the problem - millions of people throwing written diorhea into the universe. 

It's not a platform for informed communication, it's a platform for throwing 200 symbol opinions for people to shit on.

I think the general Villa fan base is more kind than Twitter suggests. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Could be it but I think a lot forgave him as he got us promoted but it seems for me a  lot of people turned on him after the BLM protest he went on and that he somehow became too big for his boots 

Since then he has been public enemy No 1 after every loss

No some people may have had issues with it at the time but not now. The one thing I didn't like was the chewing of gum while the national anthem was being played before England  games while everybody else was proudly singing. 

12 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Wild statement and simply not true. Tyrones been shocking in some games this season but he’s been the voice of the team since he joined us. I’d be surprised if grealish captains another side again. 

Talking and pointing a lot doesn’t make you a good captain. He loses his composure all the time during a game and it affects the team. Are you saying Grealish wasn’t a good captain? Led us to promotion when we were miles off the play offs, kept us up, led us to a final. Led us to a best PL finish in years…

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WHY said:

Talking and pointing a lot doesn’t make you a good captain. He loses his composure all the time during a game and it affects the team. Are you saying Grealish wasn’t a good captain? Led us to promotion when we were miles off the play offs, kept us up, led us to a final. Led us to a best PL finish in years…

Organising a team doesn’t make you a good captain? Grealish got the armband to give the squad a boost when he came back and it worked a great. Can I say I noticed him rallying  the team up or being the voice of the team? No. He had the armband on during those times yes, but was he a leader in the team? Not for me 

38 minutes ago, WHY said:

Just to add I’ve always thought of Mings as our captain on the pitch. Jack had the armband but there was no reason to take it off him and when we needed to select a captain when he left you could have put money on it being Mings for that reason. I’m not disagreeing that he’s got his issues I think we’re all aware of them, but never has Grealish been ten times the captain Mings has. 

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Now he point fingers, hoofs it, makes stupid tackles, and chews gum. It just looks arrogant from the sidelines, which is something I agree with. 

He always chewed gum. It's a slow release caffeine chewing gum or at least that's what most players chew.

56 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He always chewed gum. It's a slow release caffeine chewing gum or at least that's what most players chew.

I don't care if it's Hubba bubba or tabacco. And I don't mind that he does.

It just looks bad in many people's eyes, hence he is more likely to get shit from people. If he pained his hair pink or if he did a stupid dance after he wins a tackle, he would get the same reception.

It's about the image and some people take badly to his nonchalant approach to the game.

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

This place is ridiculous. Usually three days after a defeat it’s okay to visit again. Apparently not.

Mings chews gum, and that gives off a bad image? 

He’s had a below par season, a lot of which is due to the formation. To put it down to any other reason is ridiculous, any excuse to put a confident, vocal black man down, eh?

Chewing gum. I’ve heard it all now. Get in the bin. 

Sorry, I'd hate for you to think I believe it's a bad image because he chews gum!

That's not what I hinted at in my previous posts.

Mings has always been a bit nonchalant on the pitch. in 2019/2020 he played really well. He still chewed gum, pointed fingers, made stupid tackles (like on Zaha vs Palace). 

BUT now he gets less patience from the fans, and nothing seems to click.

I think he is a top 10 PL defender, but if you point fingers, if you get out of your position, if you pick up stupid yellows, you have got to back this up by being a brick wall, and not letting anyone thourgh,

He seems to have lost some form. He hoofs it. He gets out of position. We know he can do more, he doesn't. This nonchalant approach is visible by fans, and chewing gum and being a bit of a liability gives him a worse image then he deserves.

Like I said, it's the same if a winger who loses every dribble painted his hair pink. Pickford got the same shit for being shouty when he had a bad spell of form. 

Appearances matter (not so much to me) and Mings just needs to improve his game to get this negativity off his back. If he plays like he did against Man United, no one will look at his chewing. 

I'd honestly put people who think that a footballer chewing gum makes them appear to not care about things up there with anti-vaxxers in the stupid rankings. 

Anyone who has watched, read about or heard Mings speak knows exactly what kind of a person he is - we're very lucky to have him and should be getting behind our captain. 

But no, he had the temerity to call out the Archbishop of **** Banterbury John McGinn on the pitch for his abject covering/performance and now he must feel the wrath. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'd honestly put people who think that a footballer chewing gum makes them appear to not care about things up there with anti-vaxxers in the stupid rankings. 

Anyone who has watched, read about or heard Mings speak knows exactly what kind of a person he is - we're very lucky to have him and should be getting behind our captain. 

But no, he had the temerity to call out the Archbishop of **** Banterbury John McGinn on the pitch for his abject covering/performance and now he must feel the wrath. 

Why the negativity towards McGinn? I don't get it. 

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why the negativity towards McGinn? I don't get it. 

It's more of a comparison of the way the two players are perceived by fans and how they react to them.

McGinn can seemingly never do any wrong, yet Mings gets criticised for chewing gum of all things. 

Â