Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Sigh. I’m probably one of his biggest fans but watching him yesterday was frustrating. I am starting to agree that he is someone we should be looking to improve upon perhaps in the next window. 

He’s very good at a lot of things but his errors, whether they directly lead to goals or not, just keep stacking up and he just comes across as too lax and casual a lot of the time. 

Right now though, I think he starts in our best team. 

• Like 3

He's just not half as good as he thinks he is. His distribution is very hit and miss, and now he seems to be falling back into his old habit of switching off and making mistakes, something he looked like he was trying to eradicate last season.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Liono said:

Konsa carried both Mings and Axel yesterday. 

poor sod can’t do it all on his own. 

What? Konsa did nothing of the sort. He was just as much to blame as Mings. Axel was worst though. Konsa is the one that gets a free pass here and it irritates me. He was soft and made mistakes, but is better at hiding. He was poor against Spurs and he was poor again.

I am not sure what happened there in the end. Why did we panic in defense? Mail puts blame on Watkins and both first and second goal came from Targett's side. Nevertheless, it looks like Mings is responsible for not leading the defensive line as he should. I blame him for that. 

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Needs to stop aimlessly hoofing the ball. I don't know if that is an instruction from Deano but it usually results in us losing possession. Not a great game today.

Just going to talk about yesterday but Tuanzebe was dillying on the ball letting McGinn and Luiz get marked then he'd shift it to Mings or Konsa and the long ball would follow. Whenever Mings got it directly from Emi he'd give it quicker into Targett or the midfielders.

Overall though he does hoof it too much for us whereas for England he plays those lovely snappy crisp passes to feet between the lines.

That's either the weaker opposition England would usually face or the tactics employed by the two respective set-ups.

Luiz and McGinn need to be making 50+ passes a game but both players are below that because even though they demand that round thing they overall get bypassed too much imo.

17 hours ago, Spoony said:

his attitude stinks 50% or the time, he’s about half the player he thinks he is

16 hours ago, Chine said:

billy big bollox attitude

2 hours ago, Risso said:

He's just not half as good as he thinks

there's definitely a theme with the criticism of mings. i don't agree with the above because i don't know him personally and always thought he comes across quite humble, certainly never sensed that he think's himself as better than he is. this theme continues on social media too. i'm curious to know what about him has caused folks to feel this way about him?

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

And that gum sticking out the side of his mouth is becoming very annoying. 

this seems to be a theme on social media too...why does it bother people so much??

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

there's definitely a theme with the criticism of mings. i don't agree with the above because i don't know him personally and always thought he comes across quite humble, certainly never sensed that he think's himself as better than he is. this theme continues on social media too. i'm curious to know what about him has caused folks to feel this way about him?

this seems to be a theme on social media too...why does it bother people so much??

Agreed thoroughly. Have criticised him myself as recently as yesterday so it's not as though I think he's "immune" from it like some of these folk often suggest, but this line is trotted out so often despite there only being evidence to the contrary. So odd to me.

• Like 1

At least he can admit that "we were 2-0 up with 15mins to play, to throw it away was amateurish".

Amateurish indeed, im glad someone at the club can at least admit what we can all see.

I think the problem for me, is when i watch us, i use the words "omg thats amateur hour stuff" so much, its a little concerning, and i dont just mean Mings, mant of them, from losing composure, losing focus, multiple players not being able to complete a 5 yard pass, losing the ball in dangerous area, mis kicks, flapping legs, silly fouls, inviting pressure, just total lack of brains at times, they all seem to work each other up in to a jittery frenzy at times.

I dont want to say weak minds, but i dunno, there are some concerning behaviours at times in the squad, and its not like its just happened once.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought he was poor today sheepy and I thought Tuanzebe was too.

Mings has far too many mistakes in him to be a really top centre- half.

Tuanzebe seemed to think the football was a hot potato. Tbf, I wouldn't have dropped Hause. He wasn't the worst player at Spurs, by any means. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

At least he can admit that "we were 2-0 up with 15mins to play, to throw it away was amateurish".

Amateurish indeed, im glad someone at the club can at least admit what we can all see.

I think the problem for me, is when i watch us, i use the words "omg thats amateur hour stuff" so much, its a little concerning, and i dont just mean Mings, mant of them, from losing composure, losing focus, multiple players not being able to complete a 5 yard pass, losing the ball in dangerous area, mis kicks, flapping legs, silly fouls, inviting pressure, just total lack of brains at times, they all seem to work each other up in to a jittery frenzy at times.

I dont want to say weak minds, but i dunno, there are some concerning behaviours at times in the squad, and its not like its just happened once.

3rd youngest team in the PL. Then you look at some of our older players like Mings and realize they haven't played that many games at a top level either. Sadly I think we won't be able to shake some of these youthful mistakes until we decide to bring in some older, more experienced heads. 

31 minutes ago, WHY said:

I wouldn’t be against dropping him, his attitude is beginning to grate on me. Needs to concentrate on defending and less talking off the pitch imo. 

Again attitude referred to. What is this attitude everyone speaks of? He's frequently praised for how he comes across so what is it about his talking off the pitch that bothers you?

• Like 2

Â