Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Someone put this lovely lowlight reel together. I love Tyrone, but he really needs to cut out all these errors. Seems he’ll never iron them out his game

You only have to look at the idiots previous tweets to see he's a toxic plastic who has got it in for Tyrone. No proper fan would post the crap he does. 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You'll never see Liverpool fan doing a VVD compilation or even a Matip/Gomez one. We have some proper weird fans who can't wait to get on the backs of their own players/coaches.

The Cissokho compilation back in the day was brilliant though

• Haha 4

I think you have to go back a long way until you get to a Villa centre half that’s been better for us than Mings. Maybe even as far as Laursen and Mellberg. He does make the odd mistake but in between those he is always excellent. We have lots of players who don’t reach his levels. I hope he is part of Villa for a long time to come.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2021 at 03:34, bobzy said:

Konsa is a better defender than Mings. It doesn’t mean Mings is terrible.

I’m not saying that his comment means Mings is terrible. Not in the slightest. I’m the criticizing the words he chose. I have no issue with someone saying Konsa is a better technically sound defender. But vastly superior? Come on now. That’s just hyperbole.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Someone put this lovely lowlight reel together. I love Tyrone, but he really needs to cut out all these errors. Seems he’ll never iron them out his game

puts in the City goal  which wasnt an error

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

You'll never see Liverpool fan doing a VVD compilation or even a Matip/Gomez one. We have some proper weird fans who can't wait to get on the backs of their own players/coaches.

I bet that clown was one of the first having a go at Mings for taking the knee etc.

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Only category I could put Konsa above Mings in is that he makes less individual mistakes. Pretty much every other attribute Mings is clear and I remember the stats bearing that out last seas

Yeah I just meant for the sake of argument, if someone debated that Konsa was better I’m not going to tell them they’re wrong (but I’ll happily argue Mings is still currently better). There are some areas where Mings is better and vice versa but statistically speaking, it’s impossible to say either one is “vastly superior” to the other.

https://fbref.com/en/players/0313a347/scout/365_euro/Ezri-Konsa-Scouting-Report

https://fbref.com/en/players/8397a50c/scout/365_euro/Tyrone-Mings-Scouting-Report

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Konsa has an elegance to his game which Mings lacks, and is a much better long-term prospect. I think he's got that balance and acceleration over 5 yards that marks out some of the really elite defenders, whereas Mings can get stuck once he's been turned.

Whether these attributes are reflected in stats I don't know, but I can see why people rate Konsa above Mings.

What I think is a little farfetched, is the idea that Konsa is miles ahead of Mings right now. Better signing for another club? No doubt. Better player for Villa right now? Yes, on current form, but Mings has those organisational qualities and also takes much more responsibility on the ball for Villa - so often that accurate ball to Watkins is coming from Mings, whereas Konsa is usually just knocking it around the back or into Douglas Luiz.

As for that video of Mings gaffes. Yeah, he makes mistakes. Some of them are shockers, and not being the most elegant footballer, his mistakes look extra bad.

Do we need to replace him? Well, if someone significantly better becomes available and wants to play for Villa, then sure. But some of the names that have been given (eg Tarkowski) just don't seem like massive improvements to me. It's much easier for a CB to look good at a team like Burnley or West Ham, where they tend to play percentages, and avoid defenders looking silly. Stick Tarkowski in a passing team, and he'd have his own video of gaffes.

Edit: just realised @Aston_Villan4 already posted these vids. But yeah, fails vids tell you as much about a player as a highlights reel.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â