Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

As someone who has suffered dreadfully at times with depression, it’s so admirable to see Tyrone speak out like this.

Social media is just toxic, and a cancer in our society.

I echo the calls for him to take the armband if Jack does indeed leave, in truth he’s been the vocal leader of our team since he arrived.

People may be able to critique  him on the pitch, but there’s no doubting for me that he’s a world class human being.

• Like 4

Sometimes he loses his head, but no one can say he isn't passionate, genuine, caring, and just overall one of the better defenders in the Prem.

Hope he is here for a long time to come.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I actually thought he was very unlucky to be dropped from the England 11 after his first two games. He was excellent. Much love for Mings. 

You'd have a strong argument that he was the best performing player across those 2 games. He was a colossus.

• Like 2

It is actually a decent article for the S*n and worth a read. He also explains that he got long COVID last year and loss his sense of taste for 8 months. He just comes across as an absolute genuine guy. I think he did it the article because the paper came out quick and strong against the racist abuse which is fair enough.

Just love him being a Villa player. Proud of him both on and off the pitch.

The only opinions that matter are the coaching staff, his team mates, family and himself and they all have confidence in his ability.

I love his honesty and bringing difficult topics to the public to discuss.

46 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

He also explains that he got long COVID last year and loss his sense of taste for 8 months

Can’t be, I read on here the covid outbreak didn’t really affect us and was just an excuse for a drop in form ;)

27 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Can’t be, I read on here the covid outbreak didn’t really affect us and was just an excuse for a drop in form ;)

I nkow what you mean, but I think he caught it in March 2020 in the first wave so not in the covid outbreak :) 

11 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Gonna get a Mings shirt this year I reckon. On and off the field he's someone I'm so proud to have at the club. 

Proud to say I got the green third with his name the season before last. Hoping I can put Jack on the away this year but will be very happy with Tyrone again 😊

His attitude to being a professional footballer is influenced by his experience in the real world: I just think that makes his insights v much on point and a pleasure to read. He realises that he has to be professional and work his arse off to be successful. 

While he's the sort of person you'd think 'yeh, he could be a villa manager one day', I think (as I've said in this thread before) that his ceiling is much higher. His confidence, eloquence and insight are of someone who may well be in public office on day. Imagining election slogans: #VoteMings? #GiveTyATry? Probably not the best...

Also, the guy is **** ripped. 

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

His attitude to being a professional footballer is influenced by his experience in the real world: I just think that makes his insights v much on point and a pleasure to read. He realises that he has to be professional and work his arse off to be successful. 

While he's the sort of person you'd think 'yeh, he could be a villa manager one day', I think (as I've said in this thread before) that his ceiling is much higher. His confidence, eloquence and insight are of someone who may well be in public office on day. Imagining election slogans: #VoteMings? #GiveTyATry? Probably not the best...

Also, the guy is **** ripped. 

Seen more body fat on a Totem Pole. 

Guys' a **** cut adonis. 

And a top top bloke. 

• Like 1

sounds like adam peatty is coming in for some stick now too - said he wants a month off from swimming to mentally reset after the tokyo olympics before starting the "war of attrition" of paris 2024, said that elite level athletes have stresses that normal people cant comprehend and that he wants a month of "forced rest" and celebration before starting again...and he's been criticised for it...leading him to come out and say money cant buy happiness and its a hard balance 

what the **** is wrong with some people? the guy who is literally the best ever at his sport comes out and says he needs a rest and some twunt on social media criticises him for it on the basis that he's rich and its not a real job? people are assholes

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The management of him by England was appalling. 

No surprise there, the same management left £100m midfielder jack grealish on the bench for the majority of the last year. 

• Like 1

Danny Mills once again proving what a Villa hating word removed he is by belittling what Mings has said. Apparently he should be able to take criticism as it’s part of his job.

He completely doesn’t get the whole concept of mental health.

Â