Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, Tom13 said:

Fair enough you'll have watched him more than me. Few times I've seen him he's looked a handful.

For the Newcastle team! In fact I told my brother if he scores I'll do his weekly shop for the rest of the year. Lol.

• Haha 1

I said to the missus . . . it was bad 'cos Joelinton kept doing him, but also it didn't matter in the slightest 'cos then he fell over or passed the ball out of play or just dozed off and let someone nick it off him . . . if Mings is going to have a bad day, better it's against Joelinton than anyone who can actually do something.

Thought he got better as the game went on, but Konsa was better tonight.

• Haha 1

Hope this was a one off, he was very good prior to tonight and we need him to stay good after tonight.

Players have bad games. 

And I was one of those who were (moderately) critical before the covid break, where he was making too many silly and avoidable mistakes. Today he was just poor, plain and simple. 

• Like 1

Similar to Brighton at home, played too high too often early and got put under pressure for it against someone who, if anything, can at least mix it physically, then started sitting too deep to make up for it which helped them get on the front foot.

Got embarrassed tonight. Can't handle someone getting the better of him and totally loses it.

He'll carry that with him now, he could get sent off after 5 mins next match.

A complex character. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He had one of those games he occasionally has. His defending against Joelinton was almost comical.

It usually doesn't end well when he tries that Alfa male Zlatan nonsense against an opponent. He tries to dominate using his body but often mistimes the body checks and is turned and left in the dust.

He's really good at the things he does well but he comes up short when he tries to be more than that.

• Like 2

Just one observation.....why isn't he more aggressive in the box, when we have set pieces, like lascelles was.....he should get his head on far more ball, than he does in these positions.

Tyrone should be scoring regularly like Laursen did....I watch him when we have corners, and i am not impressed.

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

Just one observation.....why isn't he more aggressive in the box, when we have set pieces, like lascelles was.....he should get his head on far more ball, than he does in these positions.

Tyrone should be scoring regularly like Laursen did....I watch him when we have corners, and i am not impressed.

Agree, konsa much more of a threat

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yes he should be able to do what Harry Maguire does. 

• Like 1

I wonder if Bruce's strange tactic of playing his strikers out wide pulled Mings around abit.

He's looked really good defensively since we got screwed by the offside goal at man city. Seems to have stripped his game back a little. However, I get the feeling he's hitting it long a lot more now and without Grealish to help hold the ball up front, it is getting turned over too much. Interesting to see if stats back that up.

Joelinton can’t score for shit but his a tough player. Mings won’t be the first defender that struggles against him. He had an off day but still produced a great goal saving clearance at one point. I just wish him and Konsa had picked up Lacelles. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Joelinton can’t score for shit but his a tough player. Mings won’t be the first defender that struggles against him. He had an off day but still produced a great goal saving clearance at one point. I just wish him and Konsa had picked up Lacelles. 

Now that is what should have happened......or if we have taller player in amongst the midfield 3, we might have had a chance.....That is the sort of marking Rice or Soucek would take up for West Ham.

We have 2 players in the eleven who are ok in the air, Occasionally Targett, or Hause when he is in......its not enough, it makes us ineffective at set pieces....Only Konsa is a threat from our corners, along with Ollie....but we don't really look like scoring in the air from corners.

Â